“At Last - Muy Sabroso” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Frankfort, Michigan
“At Last - Muy Sabroso”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have been waiting for the tastes of southern Mexico and Latin America to make its way up here. A few friends and I had a nice meal there that provided some of what I've been looking for.

I had the Lechon with a wine sauce. The acidity was a wonderful counter to the savory richness of the pork and onions. I enjoyed the black beans and mixed them with the rice to have passable Moros y Cristianos. Yum. Actually, thinking back, my opinion is that the Lechon I had would make excellent Tacos de Cazuela!

My spouse had the Tacos Pastor (not to be confused with Tacos al Pastor) and while well executed, the tastes of the ingredients did not seem to meld all that well. She also liked the black beans very much.

I plan on coming back to try some more of la cocina de Georgina's, perhaps the Pollo a la Plancha. And, I'd recommend Georgina's for people who want to try some Latin American cooking that isn't just some riff on Northern Mexican, especially to taste what decent arroz y frijoles is like.

My trip there reminds me that I need to make some Gallo Pinto along with Patacones con Guacamole and perhaps some Ceviche. And from my tasting, any of that would be well within the competence of Antonio.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

This is one of those places where everything on the menu looks amazing. I had the Asian styled sweet and sour chicken. My dish was great. All ingredients appear to be made from scratch. I will definitely be going back the next time I'm in the area. There's a reason why it's number 1 in the TC area on TripAdvisor! Go!

traverse City, Michigan, USA
“omg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I have eaten here at least a dozen time and I will say that yes its small as can be and may not be the best place for a big group but that's fine with me. I like that they are small and the chef comes to my table. I like that this is a place for locals. every meal has been amazing - love that they recently added to the menu. as far as the service goes 1 out of a dozen was not so great but ill give it to them because every other time was stellar. I really hope they keep up the small local thing and don't try to expand too much

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, Michigan, United States
“Great lunch.... Not great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

We went here for lunch based upon online recommendations. We ordered a taco plate and a peanut Thai dish. Both were very good and we enjoyed our meal. The place is very small, and I had some issues with eye irritation from the cooking smoke. But I would return for the tacos alone.

Visited November 2013
Midland, Michigan, USA
“Awesome food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I both had delicious Latin dishes for lunch. The cook comes to your table and passionately describes the items on the menu. Great fun and great food. I would call this just a lunch place based on the small size and cozy atmosphere... But if you put the same food on a fancier table and doubled the price, I would still say it was well worth the cost and recommend it to friends. We loved it!

Visited November 2013