“Pretty interior. Good food. Friendly service.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #66 of 255 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Northern Michigan's Premier Steakhouse featuring seasonal and regionally inspired dishes prepared from scratch using fresh local ingredients. We feature a wide variety of dishes sure to please everyone.
Livonia, Michigan
“Pretty interior. Good food. Friendly service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Went here for the first time last week. Sat at table with a view of the waterfalls, which was very nice. Loved the crab cakes. All of the food was pretty good. I would go back again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Traverse City, Michigan, United States
“Excellent Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Copper Falls is an excellent dinning experience. All the food is made right there and not pre-made like many chain restaurants. The prices are a little high but the quality of the food is great. Our family had steaks, salmon, salads, appetizers and dessert. Everything we had tasted great. The service was also great along with nice ambience.

Williamsburg
“Good food/Poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I had high expectations for this restaurant, unfortunately it fell short. The food was wonderful, although the servers did not support the special, stating "you can do better off the menu". These comments should be left for discussion with management, not the guests. I have a fairly high expectation for service but am also very forgiving normally. The service this evening simply showed that the servers did not have much training before being put on the floor. Our server was an order taker, and we had to lead him. After ordering a bottle of wine the server did let the host taste but then poured his before the rest of the table. After serving salad someone brought over salt and pepper shakers, I don't know why these were missing. We asked for fresh pepper after flagging down the server and he did bring it but put lots on one spot of the salad.
The server did return and check on the food but never refilled wine, offered additional beverages as one guests beer glass sat empty, and never refilled water. After clearing he brought the bill and never offered dessert. Once we paid we never saw him again. There was another very nice young lady that checked on us a couple times after this as we were sitting chatting.
I may give this restaurant another try because the food was good but I will be giving it some time for the staff to get some experience or for them to create an improved training system for their servers. On a positive note, we were the last table there and never felt rushed to leave by the young lady that stayed to take care of us after our server left. As a note to the manager, never let a server leave when they still have a table.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Traverse City, Michigan
“Beautifull Interior -- Creative Menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Very good experience. It was many years ago when I had been there last and it was called TC Traders then. Much brighter, made one wall all window with beautiful garden and water falls. I had the Crab/Lobster Bisque and it was excellent. I also had the Warm Duck salad that was very good. Last time I had duck like that was in Paris. My friend had scallops and she was very happy with them. A little more than I would like to pay at this time in my life, but the quality is there.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toledo, Ohio
“A pleasant surprise in Traverse City...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We were in TC for a weekend getaway and wanted something a little more special than the usual places we usually frequent. Our hotel had a scrolling sign that mentioned this place and outstanding steaks, so we decided to give it a try.

Lovely decor in and odd location...retail area out by the airport. But don't let that put you off ... The inside was well appointed, albeit a bit dark, with some HUGE windows overlooking a manmade waterfall. The one off putting thing that occurred...and we laugh at it now... but when we were asked if we had a seating preference by the what looked like 16 yr old hostess, we said 'somewhere with a nice view;. That being said she walked us as far away from the lovely waterfall view as she could possible get, into a dark, dark room to a table in a corner beside the fireplace. It bears mentioning that it was a 70+ degree day, later afternoon in May and sunny outside ....and she walks us to the darkest corner of the house. When we asked if she could find us a seat out by 'the falls' , she said she was trying to even up the tables for the waitstaff. Not my problem...give me the view. Then, she added that she thought the fireplace would be a nice view....on a 70 degree, sunny day at 3:30 in the afternoon. Hardly....
However, all that aside...the food was delicious and the service was immpecable. My husband had the Rack of Lamb and said the sauce (a mint-merlot reduction) was so good he could have licked the plate. There was a large portion and they were perfectly MR as requested. I had the Whitefish Oscar and was more than pleased. A large portion of succulent whitefish, large chunks of crab (not imitation), white asparagus (would have preferred green) with a tasty bearnaise sauce. What was especially good was the side of sauteed swiss chard with onion and bacon ...oh my. Never had such tatsy swiss chard...it was so good. Everything was perfectly prepared and the presentation was lovely. I always have to mention the bread, if it is noteworthy. I characterize it by calling it 'calorie-worthy'. This bread was worth every calorie it was so good. We both had dessert, which is unusual for us. I had the cheesecake and my husband had key-lime pie... they, too, were totally calorie-worthy.

his place is worth the price and worth the trip. Just pray you don't get the teenage hostess that thinks a dark room by the fireplace is a good view on a sunny day. Note to hostess: maybe in the dead of winter, but not a lovely day in May.

• Visited May 2013