“A super-girlie froyo place” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 13 Dessert in Traverse City
Cuisines: Dessert
East Lansing, Michigan
“A super-girlie froyo place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This was the girliest froyo place I've been to. A little nauseatingly girlie: flowery light fixtures, Disney channel (Selena Gomez) on the big screen, lots of pink & light green sofas, frosting shots for $1 (ugh), & scary-looking cupcakes that were 3/4 frosting. The tart yogurt came out melting. The friendly employee told me that the machines were working extra hard because of the heat outside (94 degrees that day). The flavors of the froyo were all right, but not spectacular (Yogurtland in California is my favorite for excellent froyo flavors).
We talked to the girl who passed out free popcorn in the popcorn shop next door about the girlie-ness of this place. She said that boys don't like going inside, which we found funny.
$0.49/oz

Visited July 2013

Thompsonville, Michigan
“Skip dinner and go for dessert.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stopped into SugarKissed with my daughter for a reverse dinner one night during Cherry Festival – we started with dessert. The gal back by the yogurt machines offered us sample cups to try any flavors before committing. I tried what they called Tart; it was described by some like cheesecake or greek yogurt. I opted to fill my overly large dish with three flavors: Tart, Coconut, and Cherry. My daughter went red, white, and blue with cherry, vanilla, and cotton candy. I believe there were 8-10 flavors and 4-5 twists. Really, a dab will do you in the large bowls they provide

The toppings bar was clean and well labeled. We fell in love with the Bobas. We both said next time we are filling our cup with Bobas. As this is a pay-by-weight place, we tried to be smart about our toppings. We avoided the fruit which really adds weight. We managed to pay a little over $3 a piece for our dishes.

The cashier could have been a little friendlier, but it was the end of the day during what I’m sure was a very busy cherry festival. My daughter can’t wait to have a birthday party here.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oswego, Illinois
“Fun, bright, and yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

This place is beautifully decorated, very fun right when you walk in the door. Good selection of flavored and toppings. Charge by weight, so be careful not to overload!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Michigan
“Not the best in the US but probably the best in Michigan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I love the yogurt places like this. A bit pricey but fun nevertheless. If you are in Traverse City, it is worth visiting. You get the yogurt yourself, add your toppings. Prices is by weight. The atmosphere is very nice. Like I said, not the best in the US. Yotini in Virginia Beach is excellent. This place is the best I have seen in MI.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Interlochen, Michigan
“Mehh”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was very excited to go here. The frozen yogurt bar was great. At least 3 different flavors and tons of toppings but you pay for it. I thought the prices were crazy. For 3 yogurts we ended up paying almost $20.
The cupcakes are okay. The cake pops are dry

Visited November 2012