We stayed at the Cherry Tree Inn for Christmas while visiting relatives in the Traverse City area. We’d stayed there before for Christmas a few years ago and when we were trying to decide where we wanted to for this visit, there was only one choice.
Nicely situated on the east bay, the Cherry Tree Inn is a refreshing, relaxing, pleasant hotel with many amenities. The lobby is cozy, with a fireplace room to your left as you walk in and the Sweet Shoppe to the right, which stocks a few sandwiches, soft drinks, and frozen goodies, along with a couple tables for sitting down to relax. It also carries a few souvenir and sundry items.
The enclosed pool area is right off the main lobby, and through its many windows offers a view of the outside world. The pool area is kept very clean by frequent staff visits, and the temperature of the hot tub is very welcoming in the cold winter months. For those who prefer to sweat their way to warmth, there is a mini-sauna, also.
They offer a breakfast in the mornings that is better than the average hotel breakfast offering, and the sitting area is next to the pool.
The lake side of the hotel affords a great view of the East Arm of Grand Traverse Bay and a of the Old Mission Peninsula. There is a playscape and a beach, as well as an outdoor pool and hot tub as well (not very visited on our Christmas Day visit…)
There is a very nice breezeway that connects to two buildings the comprise the Cherry Tree Inn. Located on the second floor, there are windows the align the breezeway that look to the street and out toward bay. The carpeted breezeway is a relaxing, comfortable area that has vending machines, tables and chairs for sitting reading, dining, gaming (board or card, not video), and, since it’s that season, a very nicely decorated Christmas tree.
The staff is always very pleasant and very willing to help. Since we were there for Christmas, they even had a list of restaurants in the Traverse City area that were open on Christmas Eve and on Christmas Day, as well as the hours they were open. A VERY nice touch.
I can’t say enough great things about this hotel. We’ve stayed at many different lodging locations in Traverse City, but for our money the Cherry Tree is at the very top of the list.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As a top Traverse City resort, the Cherry Tree Inn & Suites leads in service, cleanliness & comfort. With 400 feet of East Grand Traverse Bay waterfront, the Cherry Tree's smoke-free facilities provide the comfort you look for while our staff provides the service you need. Amenities include a complimentary hot breakfast with locally roasted and freshly ground coffee, complimentary wireless Internet access, indoor & outdoor pools and hot tubs, a sauna, and fitness and arcade rooms. All rooms feature pillow-top mattresses, high-definition TV's with high-definition channel programming, including a full HBO line-up, Sony Playstation 2's, iPad/iPhone/iPod docking stations, Starbucks coffees, Tazo teas, irons and ironing boards, safes, and kitchenettes with microwaves, refrigerators, and sinks. Reserve your stay at one of Traverse City's best! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Cherry Tree Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cherry Tree Inn And Suites
- Cherry Tree Hotel Traverse City
- Cherry Tree Traverse City