“I Should Have reviewed This Years Ago” 5 of 5 stars

Tripadvisor Special
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Traverse City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Loveland, Ohio
“I Should Have reviewed This Years Ago”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We have been coming here twice a year for both family and couple's vacations for about 5 years now. I should have written long ago but I guess I was greedy: I wanted to keep the secret to myself!

Cherry Tree Inn offers everything that's important in vacation accommodation. It's clean. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, with fridge/microwaves and dvd players. The beds are great. It has a small beach. The breakfast is about the best hotel breakfast bar I've ever seen--not just pastries and waffles but hot foods that vary daily, several kinds of fruit, cereals, and coffee cakes. The pool area is always clean and the sauna is something different and fun. The manager, Jonathan and his staff are friendly and work to get to know you. There's a binder of menus for local restaurants in the lobby, along with beverage service, cookies in the afternoon, and inviting fireplace, and dvd's to rent.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jpack, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Hello!

Thank you for your review. You crack me up - I'm sorry you had to let the secret out! Thank you for your return visits. We so appreciate seeing guests who return over and over again. When you come next time, look for our new rewards program for our leisure travelers. When you stay 10 nights, we'll send you a $40 Amazon.com gift card as a thank you! That will be rolling out in March!

Thank you again. Have a wonderful day!

Jonathan P.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
Mishawaka, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

My husband and I needed time away 6 months of taking care of my sick mother. So we booked this room in advance a month ago, told them I wanted a nice room. We had stayed here 2 years ago and loved it. Well today we arrived our room is dirty and beat up.hand prints on headboard, molding on jacuzzi is dirty and coming apart,lamp shades are all dented up. My sister is also here with her husband they had reserved the same type room Michigan Studio. Theirs is really nice ours is sickening.. Service desk is no help at all. We will be leaving early. I have looked forward to this for a long time. we are so disappointed. Will not ever recommend again since you can't even guarantee a nice room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear M R,

Thank you for your review. I'm so terribly sorry that the condition of the room was found to be poor. This certainly doesn't meet your or our expectations, and I will be sure that we take the proper actions to ensure that all items you mentioned are addressed.

I am sorry that you felt our service desk was not helpful. When you first addressed the issue to us, we offered to move you to another room or accommodate you differently, but you refused our help and demanded that a manager call you first thing in the morning. I was down state at the time, but my staff quickly notified me. I called you promptly in the morning, and you quickly told me that you were checking out. As I discussed with you on the phone at that time, I refunded your stay, and offered additional help, but you had already taken care of your accommodations elsewhere and your transportation. I do apologize that we couldn't do more for you. Most importantly, I will address that the room is in better condition prior to arrival, and I will also look to see how our Front Desk could be more helpful.

Thank you again for your review. I do hope you got the rest and relaxation you needed. I sincerely hope your mother is better.

Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The room was nicely decorated, large with nice water view. It had a great lobby area with snacks,fruited water, games, tv, dvds to borrow, restaurant menus of the area, brochures and a clean computer area. The staff was most helpful. The breakfast was good especially the homemade cinnamon cake. We were not a fan of the high top tables and chairs. Everyone was positioning themselves to secure one of the few low tables. The facilities included a new pool and beach area with beach chairs and fire pit. They also had an indoor pool. The parking was adequate. We would definitely stay here again if we return to Traverse City. Beautiful Area!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Good February day!

Thank you for your kind review. I'm glad you found that you made a good choice. I hope the weather is well in Naples! Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Northern Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I booked a room for my parents for their anniversary weekend at the Cherry Tree, having never stayed there myself I was excited to hear how much they loved the property. A few weeks later, myself, my husband and two young children needed a room in the Traverse City area in order to get my husband to the airport early the next morning. We went to the Cherry Tree and stayed in one of their one bedroom jacuzzi suites. It was great. The bedroom had a comfortable King size bed, a jacuzzi tub for two (which the kids loved), a big bathroom, a wet bar with small fridge and microwave (which is important to me since our youngest still drinks a bottle before bed). Some of the best features of the room were the spacious living room and dining area. I enjoyed the gas log fireplace and my older son and husband enjoyed the large flat screen tv. If it had been earlier in the day we could have enjoyed the bayfront view we had but when we arrived it was dark and when we left the next morning it was dark. A short stay but a good one. The staff really added to our already awesome experience. Chaz was extremely friendly and super helpful. He went above and beyond to help us with a small issue we had. We forgot our own pack n play and he promptly arrived with one for us to borrow. It looked brand new! The room was well appointed, there were plenty of towels and cups and the like. The room was clean and I didn't question letting my kids play on the floor. We plant to stay at the Cherry Tree again soon for an overnight family get away (we only live an hour away) but with the indoor pool and snack shop its the perfect little get away for a family or even a romantic get away for a couple. They offer romance packages and wine packages...very reasonably priced. Overall this place is a great property!

Room Tip: We were on the top floor which was great for us. I am not sure how sound proof the rooms were but w...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jpack, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for your kind and thorough review of your recent stay. It makes us so proud to know that we not only helped you have a great stay, but also helped your parents have a great anniversary stay. I have already given Chaz a few "Cherry Cash" bucks. He's a good guy and we're happy to have him part of the Cherry Tree Family.

Have a wonderful rest of winter!

Elk Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Took a nice winter break and spent two nights (2/2 and 2/3/2013) in the Good Harbor Bay Studio (room 224).

The room is large and very clean. The King size sleigh bed was super comfortable.

It is a nice touch to have the jaccuzi in the room. We enjoyed sitting in while watching some of the Super Bowl.

The breakfast is nice. Just basics mostly like waffles with a different hot entrie each morning, fruit, yogurt and such.

The outdoor hot tub is amazing to use in the winter. It was about 10 degrees and snowing but the tub was tosty and nice.

We watched a few guys kite snow boarding on the bay right out front.

Check in/out was a breeze with complimentary newspapers daily.

All in all this is a great place to saty and we will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Good evening!

Thank you for your stay and the great review your provided, including the pictures. The kite boarding picture is really cool (we love seeing them along the bay at all times of the year). And the pictures you took of the Good Harbor Bay Studio you stayed in is really helpful for those learning more about our rooms.

Thank you again. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay - even the Super Bowl from your Jacuzzi tub. Have a great day!

Climax Scott's, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Just spent a long weekend at Cherry Tree and it was awesome. We stayed on the fourth floor in a suite that was perfect. We had a separate bedroom that had a door for shutting out any noise that we may have heard in the mornings in the hallway or when one of us got up earlier then the other and could go out to the living room with the fireplace and watch a little TV until he woke up. There was a mini kitchen perfect for our stay and even a TV in our bathroom that we used when getting ready to go out on the town. We had a ton of room, like our own little apartment. We will most definitely be going back there again for another long weekend. Prices were also great this time of year! Oh, and the bed/bedding was so comfortable and a king size bed was perfect.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Happy February!

Thank you for your stay and the kind review you left. It's nice to read that the suite you had worked out well for you and that you had good use out of the bathroom TV in your room (It's nice to keep watching your program as you brush your teeth, right?).

I hope you have a nice rest of the month and come visit again. Thank you!

Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My hubby and I wanted a two day getaway after all the holiday madness. We were able to get a room here at a phenomenal price. The room was HUGE! Giant jacuzzi tub, views of the bay, excellent customer service.. lovely quiet stay. Breakfast was just okay but good enough for us. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jpack, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Good February 1st!

Thank you so much for your stay and I'm glad you got some R&R after all the holiday madness - everyone needs that. Thank you for your recommendation. Have a nice rest of winter and come visit again soon! There are a lot of festivals this month in Traverse City if you want another great reason to come visit. :)

Jonathan P.

Been to Cherry Tree Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!