“Great Choice!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Naples, Florida
“Great Choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The room was nicely decorated, large with nice water view. It had a great lobby area with snacks,fruited water, games, tv, dvds to borrow, restaurant menus of the area, brochures and a clean computer area. The staff was most helpful. The breakfast was good especially the homemade cinnamon cake. We were not a fan of the high top tables and chairs. Everyone was positioning themselves to secure one of the few low tables. The facilities included a new pool and beach area with beach chairs and fire pit. They also had an indoor pool. The parking was adequate. We would definitely stay here again if we return to Traverse City. Beautiful Area!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Jpack, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Good February day!

Thank you for your kind review. I'm glad you found that you made a good choice. I hope the weather is well in Naples! Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Jonathan P.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Northern Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I booked a room for my parents for their anniversary weekend at the Cherry Tree, having never stayed there myself I was excited to hear how much they loved the property. A few weeks later, myself, my husband and two young children needed a room in the Traverse City area in order to get my husband to the airport early the next morning. We went to the Cherry Tree and stayed in one of their one bedroom jacuzzi suites. It was great. The bedroom had a comfortable King size bed, a jacuzzi tub for two (which the kids loved), a big bathroom, a wet bar with small fridge and microwave (which is important to me since our youngest still drinks a bottle before bed). Some of the best features of the room were the spacious living room and dining area. I enjoyed the gas log fireplace and my older son and husband enjoyed the large flat screen tv. If it had been earlier in the day we could have enjoyed the bayfront view we had but when we arrived it was dark and when we left the next morning it was dark. A short stay but a good one. The staff really added to our already awesome experience. Chaz was extremely friendly and super helpful. He went above and beyond to help us with a small issue we had. We forgot our own pack n play and he promptly arrived with one for us to borrow. It looked brand new! The room was well appointed, there were plenty of towels and cups and the like. The room was clean and I didn't question letting my kids play on the floor. We plant to stay at the Cherry Tree again soon for an overnight family get away (we only live an hour away) but with the indoor pool and snack shop its the perfect little get away for a family or even a romantic get away for a couple. They offer romance packages and wine packages...very reasonably priced. Overall this place is a great property!

Room Tip: We were on the top floor which was great for us. I am not sure how sound proof the rooms were but w...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jpack, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for your kind and thorough review of your recent stay. It makes us so proud to know that we not only helped you have a great stay, but also helped your parents have a great anniversary stay. I have already given Chaz a few "Cherry Cash" bucks. He's a good guy and we're happy to have him part of the Cherry Tree Family.

Have a wonderful rest of winter!

Elk Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Took a nice winter break and spent two nights (2/2 and 2/3/2013) in the Good Harbor Bay Studio (room 224).

The room is large and very clean. The King size sleigh bed was super comfortable.

It is a nice touch to have the jaccuzi in the room. We enjoyed sitting in while watching some of the Super Bowl.

The breakfast is nice. Just basics mostly like waffles with a different hot entrie each morning, fruit, yogurt and such.

The outdoor hot tub is amazing to use in the winter. It was about 10 degrees and snowing but the tub was tosty and nice.

We watched a few guys kite snow boarding on the bay right out front.

Check in/out was a breeze with complimentary newspapers daily.

All in all this is a great place to saty and we will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Good evening!

Thank you for your stay and the great review your provided, including the pictures. The kite boarding picture is really cool (we love seeing them along the bay at all times of the year). And the pictures you took of the Good Harbor Bay Studio you stayed in is really helpful for those learning more about our rooms.

Thank you again. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay - even the Super Bowl from your Jacuzzi tub. Have a great day!

Climax Scott's, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Just spent a long weekend at Cherry Tree and it was awesome. We stayed on the fourth floor in a suite that was perfect. We had a separate bedroom that had a door for shutting out any noise that we may have heard in the mornings in the hallway or when one of us got up earlier then the other and could go out to the living room with the fireplace and watch a little TV until he woke up. There was a mini kitchen perfect for our stay and even a TV in our bathroom that we used when getting ready to go out on the town. We had a ton of room, like our own little apartment. We will most definitely be going back there again for another long weekend. Prices were also great this time of year! Oh, and the bed/bedding was so comfortable and a king size bed was perfect.

Happy February!

Thank you for your stay and the kind review you left. It's nice to read that the suite you had worked out well for you and that you had good use out of the bathroom TV in your room (It's nice to keep watching your program as you brush your teeth, right?).

I hope you have a nice rest of the month and come visit again. Thank you!

Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My hubby and I wanted a two day getaway after all the holiday madness. We were able to get a room here at a phenomenal price. The room was HUGE! Giant jacuzzi tub, views of the bay, excellent customer service.. lovely quiet stay. Breakfast was just okay but good enough for us. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jpack, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Good February 1st!

Thank you so much for your stay and I'm glad you got some R&R after all the holiday madness - everyone needs that. Thank you for your recommendation. Have a nice rest of winter and come visit again soon! There are a lot of festivals this month in Traverse City if you want another great reason to come visit. :)

Kalamazoo, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Clean and comfortable, friendly and helpful staff, good breakfast, good location--what more can we ask for! Our room overlooked the indoor pool--we would have preferred a bay-view room. The pool wasn;t loud--just our preference.

Good day!

Thank you for your kind review of your recent stay. I'm glad we met everything you needed for your stay. We do have 18 rooms types and only four of those types don't have views of the water, so when you return, we'll help you find a room with a view.

Have a wonderful February!

Clarkston, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

First time I have stayed at this hotel. I have stayed many times in Traverse City.

I found the hotel and staff great. The hotel staff really seemed like it cared about me. They seemed like they really cared about the hotel. The General Manager called me and asked me if there was anything he could do to make my stay pleasant. They care about the traveler.

I stayed in a standard room. It was very clean and roomy. It had a small frig and a mircowave. It also had a safe. My room had a great view of the water with a baloncy. This hotel has many different types of rooms.

NOTE: The room has a Play Station in the room. They have a selection of movies in the lobby for your use.

NOTE: 32 flat screen in room.

NOTE: Breakfast is from 7:00am to 10:00. Opening at 7:00am is a little later than most hotels. I like the fact that they had some fresh fruit.

NOTE: They have a small outside hot tub that is open all year round. It was below zero when I stayed. Did not see anyone in it. They have a pool and hot tub inside,

Price is good and a very nice hotel. I will be staying again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jpack, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Good morning!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your kind review of your trip to our hotel. I hope your business plans went well and I'm glad you found the Cherry Tree to be good for business travelers.

Thank you also for your suggestion regarding our breakfast hours. In the past, our guests were leisure travelers and not business travelers. However, with our updates and increased amenities, we've seen a strong increase in business traveler guests. Thus, the breakfast time during the week is something I had been thinking about awhile, and, with your comments, it's pushed me over to start our breakfast at 6 AM Monday through Friday starting two weeks from now. So we'll have our breakfast open from 6AM to 10AM Monday through Friday and then 7AM to 10AM on Saturday and Sunday. Thank you for that extra push I needed, and I apologize I didn't make the change sooner.

Thank you again for your review, and we'll be happy to welcome your return in the future. Good luck with your business and travels!

Jonathan P.

Been to Cherry Tree Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!