“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Croswell
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

As a returning guest, I cannot say enough how wonderful it is to stay at the Cherry Tree Inn.

The staff here is exceptional. They greet you with a smile - and not just the front desk, everyone. Janitorial staff, room service, the breakfast room, etc. They are all eager to please, and want you to enjoy your stay.

The rooms are wonderful. The view of the bay is a treat. I have seen some complain about the "beach", but they also have to remember that our lake levels are the lowest they've been since the 1960's. Not much you can do when levels have dropped over a foot. All you can do is hope that things change in the future for everyone's benefit. It's a sign of droughts, no snow, and milder winters. The waterfront is beautifully landscaped and a great spot to enjoy watching the waterfowl, and I'm sure in the summer, to watch those with boats and such. Back to the rooms - my Mom sleeps horrible at home, but when she's at the Cherry Tree, she sleeps for nearly 8 hours. I do, too. The beds are great, and the rooms are so quiet. At times we felt like we were the only ones there, yet they were about booked. They had a winery package, the Women's Weekend (which is why we were there), and a bachelorette party going on, and it was still so quiet.

The breakfast room and what they provide is more than ample for starting off the day. It's no honey bun in a plastic wrapper and a cup of coffee. You have choices of fresh fruit, make your own waffles, bagels and cream cheese, cereals of different kinds, yogurt, and usually biscuits and sausage or eggs.

Management is very welcoming and you will find that as you visit more, you feel like you are visiting family. It's really a great feeling to be so relaxed and to have no worries.

As a friend of ours said in the hospitality business, there are some people you just can't satisfy no matter how backward you can bend. So, if you ever see a negative review, toss it aside, as they must be very hard to please. Cherry Tree continues to do an exceptional job at creating a place to stay where one can rest and enjoy the area.

We'll be back this winter if we see snow!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jpack, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Good morning, kjpeckford!

I'm so sorry for missing a response your kind and wonderful review of your stay. Thank you so much for the time you took. It's truly appreciated and it certainly humbles us. I hope you have a wonderful holiday season, and we'll love to see you again.

Merry Christmas,

701 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Coopersville, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I always enjoy my stay at Cherry Tree Inn! Everyone who works there go out of there way to be helpful and kind. The rooms are always at there best comfortable and roomy. They have a great breakfast, the daily paper, pool and hot tub, a small fitness room, a game room, laundry area, nice living room for everyone with movies and games you can rent. All and alll a great comfy place to stay. My fiance' and myself go up to Traverse City at least once sometimes twice a year and we always stay at the Cherry Tree Inn it's our home away from home. The hotel is right on the bay! The hotel is a beautiful place all around!
I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wish to have a great experience and comfortable stay. So when traveling to Traverse City make a smart choice and stay at the Cherry Tree Inn you will not regret it. You will fall in love with this Hotel!

Room Tip: All the room are great!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jpack, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Good afternoon!

Thank you so much for your kind review. I'm glad you had another great visit. We are so greatful for our return guests. We love seeing familiar faces again and knowing their names! I hope you have a wonderful holiday season. Merry Christmas and happy new year!

Charlevoix, Mi.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay even though I was charged twice on the wrong card. The GM was quick to apologize and take care of the issue. This property isnt within walking distance to Downtown but it is on the bay. I didnt even look at the beach area so I can't comment on that. Indoor pool looked nice. I was surprised to find a game system in my room. The TV could be bigger but its ok. I really enjoyed the small TV in the bathroom. I would stay there again but I will make double sure the correct card is charged. That being said it doesn't change the fact that its a comfortable place to stay. Also the have a casino & airport shuttle

• Stayed November 2012
Hello!

Thank you for your kind review, and I apologize once again for the mix-up with your credit card. I'm glad you nejoyed your stay, expecially our bathroom TV's. Have a wonderful holiday season.

Macomb, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is our second or third time over the years staying at this hotel. The staff is friendly and the rooms are very clean. The breakfast offered each morning has a large variety of options: eggs, cereal oatmeal, waffles, fruit, yogurt, etc. The breakfast area itself was rather cramped and was open only three hours (7am - 10am). The pool area is nice, a bit small as well, although we did not use it on this visit.
The location is close to Turtle Creek Casino, but about 10 - 15 minutes from the downtown area. We selected this location again because we were celebrating our anniversary and liked that this hotel as a room with a fireplace and jet tub. Our room also had a balcony that looked out to the water. Very beautiful and romantic. We booked the room online and since our visit was in the off season (November), they were offering a discounted rate for the two night stay.
My biggest disappointment was the workout room. The two pieces of equipment were a treadmill and recumbent bike. The treadmill was almost 20 years old! It was functioning, but a bit of a disappointment. It may be the majority of their clientele do not use this room, they could still upgrade it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jpack, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Good day and Happy after Thanksgiving!

Thank you for your return stay. I'm glad you had another good stay and that the room worked out well for you again - those Jacuzzi tubs and fireplaces always help bring warm to a room.

I apologize for our workout room. We are still working through remodel plans of it, which would entail expanding it and purchasing new equipment. Although, the current treadmill is a commercial treadmill and it is only 3 years old. As a person who worksout often, I find it to be a good treadmill for running and walking. However, I do plan to look into having built-in TV's and MP3 docking stations on our new equipment with the renovation.

Thank you so much for your stay and I hope you have a wonderful holiday season.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay here. I would have to echo other people's review and say the breakfast area is small and cramped. It feels a little ovwrwhelming with the amount of people and the space. We had two rooms that were ground level with the pool view and I am thankful that the pool closed at 10:30 because the noise from the hot tub was very loud. The third room we had was a lelanau suite. That room was great! Lots of room and a beautiful view. Other than that I cannot complain. We had a great stay and are already looking forward to going back.

• Stayed November 2012
Jpack, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you so much for the time you took to review our hotel, and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in one of our Leelanau Suites. We'll be happy to have you back. Have a wonderful day and a Happy Thanksgiving!

Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This was a great place to stay. _____________________
Get the view of the Bay it was worth it.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Workout room sucked........,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Breakfast was great.
Fruit included
Wow.....................

Room Tip: Bay side sunset rocks
Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Jpack, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Hello!

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you really enjoyed the hotel and the view. The fresh-cut fruit is good, isn't it. We go through TONS of the fruit every week. You wouldn't believe how much guests love it! :)

I apologize for the excercise room. We are currently working on plans to expand it and add some great new equipment. I apologize that this has taken longer than we anticipated, but I assure you that we are working to make it better.

Thank you again. I hope you have a wonderful rest of November.

Goodrich, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed in their Michigan Room which was wonderful. Clean, comfortable, quiet and nicely decorated. The staff was professional and polite. Our room had a king bed, kichenette, sofa, fireplace, spa bath, and a balcony with a view of the bay. Breakfast was typical of most hotel breakfasts. Located just outside the city close to the casino.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jpack, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. I'm glad you enjoyed the Lake Michigan Studio and found your stay to be clean, comfortable, and quite. I hope you have a nice November and a Happy Thanksgiving. Please come and visit T.C. again soon.

Jonathan P.

Been to Cherry Tree Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!