“Great place to stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Traverse City
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great place to stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay here. I would have to echo other people's review and say the breakfast area is small and cramped. It feels a little ovwrwhelming with the amount of people and the space. We had two rooms that were ground level with the pool view and I am thankful that the pool closed at 10:30 because the noise from the hot tub was very loud. The third room we had was a lelanau suite. That room was great! Lots of room and a beautiful view. Other than that I cannot complain. We had a great stay and are already looking forward to going back.

• Stayed November 2012
Jpack, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you so much for the time you took to review our hotel, and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in one of our Leelanau Suites. We'll be happy to have you back. Have a wonderful day and a Happy Thanksgiving!

Jonathan P.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This was a great place to stay. _____________________
Get the view of the Bay it was worth it.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Workout room sucked........,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Breakfast was great.
Fruit included
Wow.....................

Room Tip: Bay side sunset rocks
Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Jpack, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Hello!

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you really enjoyed the hotel and the view. The fresh-cut fruit is good, isn't it. We go through TONS of the fruit every week. You wouldn't believe how much guests love it! :)

I apologize for the excercise room. We are currently working on plans to expand it and add some great new equipment. I apologize that this has taken longer than we anticipated, but I assure you that we are working to make it better.

Thank you again. I hope you have a wonderful rest of November.

Goodrich, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed in their Michigan Room which was wonderful. Clean, comfortable, quiet and nicely decorated. The staff was professional and polite. Our room had a king bed, kichenette, sofa, fireplace, spa bath, and a balcony with a view of the bay. Breakfast was typical of most hotel breakfasts. Located just outside the city close to the casino.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jpack, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. I'm glad you enjoyed the Lake Michigan Studio and found your stay to be clean, comfortable, and quite. I hope you have a nice November and a Happy Thanksgiving. Please come and visit T.C. again soon.

Rochester Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed at the Cherry Tree again and found the rooms updated and better than ever. Great pillows to lean on to watch TV were very comfortable and we loved the new look. The breakfast that we always enjoyed was still there as well as the good service. We definately will be back again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Jpack, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for your return stay and your review. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed the updates, especially the new wedge pillows we added to the beds. So many times hotels offer beds that sit right in front of the TV's, but they don't offer comfy pillows on the beds to help provide support for watching the TV from the bed. We were really excited to add these pillows in our updates. It sounds cliche of a hotel operator, but we really did focus on the guest needs and wants in the rooms, and we continue to have the focus for all future improvements coming.

Thank you again. Have a wonderful November and we'll be happy to see you again soon!

Munith,MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stayed here two nights recently. Very nice hotel, I had a suit overlooking Grand Traverse Bay. Staff was friendly and it was a very quit hotel. The pool is very nice and the Hot tub. I can see why this place gets good reviews on Tripadvisor. A couple things could use some approvement, one would be breakfast. The breakfast could be a little bit better. Especially the Eggs that are served in the morning, not good The last thing, when I walked in the hotel I got the impression I was walking into a Medical Facility and not a Hotel, with the smell. Which I'm pretty sure it is a cleaning chemical they use. .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Jpack, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for your stay and your review. I really appreciate that you took the time to share your opinion of your stay at the Cherry Tree. I'm glad that you enjoyed our staff, the hotel, and our pool and hot tub. I apologize that you didn't care for the egg patties on our breakfast. I will continue to listen to our guests’ thoughts and look into options that will satisfy all guests’ tastes.

I do apologize for the cleaning chemical smell you found in the lobby. We use Proctor and Gamble chemicals that are designed to have their odor dissipate very shortly after use, so I don't think it was our standard cleaning chemicals. But I think it may have been our oven cleaner we were using in our breakfast kitchen oven. We were cleaning that at the end of October and it did put the chemical smell in the lobby during the middle of the day. It did go away, but I apologize for the inconvenience to you.

Thank you again for your stay and I hope you have a wonderful November!

Hospitably,

West Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We had such a lovely time at Cherry Tree Inn and Suites. Our room was fantastic, the staff was friendly, and the area was perfect for our Fall getaway. This was our second time here and we definitely plan on returning!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Good Harbor Bay Suite ... rm. 520 ... will always ask for this one!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Good day!

Thank you for your kind review. I like 520 a lot, too! It has a great top-floor view of the bay, and the amenities (king bed, 42" plasma TV, two-person Jacuzzi, sofa, and fireplace) of the Good Harbor Bay Studio are definitely nice as well.

I'm happy you had a good time. Have a very wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!

Mattawan, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The Elk Rapids Suite was very large, but not what I’d call a “suite”. Almost 4’ between the 2 queen beds! Enough floor space for 2 roll-aways + walking space. Mini-fridge cooled VERY well, small microwave with wetbar/sink is a nice touch. Room was on the 1st floor with a walk-out patio. Gorgeous view of the bay! Take note: ROOM 108 is immediately outside the shipwreck playground which obscures the view. Ideal for families, not a romantic get-a-way. Almost every room is bayside. Quieter rooms are ODD numbered.

Our room had cool wedge-shaped cushions on the beds which made reclining incredibly comfortable. Thoughtful touches such as individual cream/sugar for coffee maker, not a prepackaged supply. Upgraded TV & coffee maker. Surprise TV in the bathroom! Staff was very pleasant on check-in. One staffer called a guest to tell them their cable TV listing was ready. Now, that’s good service!

Complaints: noisy fan in the HVAC unit; need an electrical outlet bedside; a bit noisy. We could very clearly hear guests talking and shouting as they walked by outside even with the patio door shut, can’t imagine the noise on a busy summer night. For quiet and privacy, request a higher level room. Otherwise, clean, spacious, linens were in excellent condition, good in-room lighting. Off the lobby is an intimate room with a B&B feel. Board games, comfy couches, fireplace, etc. We were delighted with our stay and will definitely recommend this property.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are ODD numbered. ROOM 108 is immediately outside the shipwreck playground which obs...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jpack, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Happy November!

Thank you for taking the time for your nice review and the included photographs. We just completed our professional photo shoot and we're anxious to get the images and then update our website. So thank you for showing a couple images of the room with the new bedding and artwork.

The Elk Rapids Studio is a studio. We don't label them as a suite, so I apologize for any confusion with that, and I will check our channels to be sure all information says that it is a studio. I am glad that you enjoyed how large our Elk Rapids Studio is. They provide a lot of extra space for a rollaway or for those extra bags you may bring or acquire while in Traverse City.

I apologize that you thought it was noisy. This isn't a common issue with our rooms considering they have concrete floors, ceilings, and walls surrounding by Styrofoam. I will look to see that we have the door well sealed for that room to ensure we aren't missing anything that could have caused the noise that you found unsettling. We'll also take a look at the heating unit as well.

I'm glad you enjoyed the wedge pillows (we did do those specifically for more comfort when sitting on the beds, watching TV) and all the other room updates and our hotel offerings. We'll be happy to have you visit again. Thank you again for your review and your pictures. We truly appreciate them all.

Jonathan P.

Been to Cherry Tree Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!