“Nice Rooms- Very Clean- Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Grand Beach Resort Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1683 US 31 N, Traverse City, MI 49686   |
Ranked #20 of 38 Hotels in Traverse City
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Nice Rooms- Very Clean- Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed here during the winter time which of course can always be interesting in Northern Michigan. The room was very clean, it was in a great location and the hotel staff was very friendly. Wished we could have gotten a late check out- however that is life. Overall very satisfied with the stay I am not looking into returning in the summer.

Room Tip: Try to get a beach view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Beavercreek, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

I would stay with this hotel agin. The room was clean. We had a jacuzzi tub. It was clean and huge.Breakfast was what you expect for a hotel breakfast. The pool was nice. The best part was the beach. You are right on the beach. The water is clear and shallow. Perfect for families to play or couples to relax. We spent every evening relaxing by the bay.

• Stayed June 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Check in was easy, directions to the room were off as she told me to go through the breezeway when the door to where my room was under the breezeway. They also offered to open breakfast early if our team had an early game which I thought was nice. The room was large with a fridge & microwave. The beds were comfortable. The only issue was a slow draining shower.

The breakfast was disappointing, very little there. My son ate it because he didn't have time to do anything else. I went elsewhere to eat.

We had a gorgeous view of the bay from our room.

• Stayed January 2013
Zeeland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Our stay at the Grand Beach Resort was made memorable because of the friendly staff, large and exceptionally clean rooms. It also boasts 300 feet of sandy beach. We will definitely stay here again!! We chose to bring our friends from Wales to join us in Traverse City. As a result, the are now calling Michigan their "second home".

Room Tip: A ground floor beach fromt room is exceptional because all have walkout private patios in addition t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bay City, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

There was no way any of us would have stepped in the bathtub. It was stained and torn up. I can't believe that the room was considered rentable. The free breakfast is nice but having only one toaster makes the line incredibly long.

Room Tip: You do not want room 118. Right next to the entrance door. Bad idea on New Years Eve.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Lansing, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We were planning on being in Traverse City to see a friend and we decided to give the kids a couple of days to enjoy an indoor pool while we did. I called 24 hours in advance and made the reservation for a "family suite," which in this resort is two king side beds in one room which can be divided using a sliding door from the living room / kitchette / seating area in another, double sink area off the bathroom. Bathroom has two doors that close in either direction. Overall, everything that was promised to us was provided, but it didn't hit the "very good" mark for us. FYI - No attached restaurant but there are many in the area and the continental breakfast was fine. The pancakes were acutally good and each member of the family found something they liked/wanted. The room was clean, but not totally to my standards, and the pool was freezing until it was brought to the attention of the staff. Air conditioners/heaters were a little loud for my taste, but did work. Off-season options are limited. Overall cost vs. what we received was average.

Room Tip: If you want the bayside view, understand their is a significant upcharge and the "courtyard&quo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sudbury, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Luckily my husband and I stayed here during the off season so the price wasn't bad, but there are a lot of issues with this hotel.

There were used cotton balls sitting on top of the wardrobe and the room didn't feel clean at all.

The beds are horrific and I mean HORRIFIC! I tossed and turned all night and felt like the bed had beat me up. I must have woke up 20 times and at one point debated about sleeping on the floor. The next morning, my husband had the exact same complaint! We're in our early thirties and used to outdoor camping so it's not like we need a perfect bed. Upon checking out my husband overheard another women complaining to the front desk about having a terrible sleep as well.

Breakfast was also not good. No hot items.

I was so upset about this experience I felt compelled to write this review.

Would not pay more then $65/night no matter what season it is.

Room Tip: Do not sleep in room 103.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Beach Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!