My husband and I have stayed at the Grand Beach Resort for many years, in the last year we were guests in August, October and February, but our most recent visit was very disappointing.
I wrote last year that I thought if not careful the hotel would slip into a lower quality establishment and I feel it has done just that. Here are the issues we encountered:
- the hallway and room carpet was filthy, stains everywhere
- the walls are marred
- more than half of the balcony lights were not functioning
- the table umbrellas did not match...they appeared to be leftovers from previous guests
- the doors are supposed to be secured, but we saw pizza delivery people roaming the halls on several occasions
- the hotel now supplies beach towels, but by midday the two storage cabinets were empty and not refilled until the next day
- we had to call downstairs one day to remind housekeeping to clean our room and the ultimate cleaning was the bare minimum to appease us (after 4:00 p.m.)
One final comment is with the management, specifically Tony, we attempted to be assigned to a specific floor and Tony lead us to believe he would be able to accommodate us the day after our arrival, but after several attempts he could not deliver. Sadly, we believe this was the case from the beginning, but rather than be truthful, he made excuse after excuse (blaming the situation on everything from booking on line to no vacancies -- the vacancy light was on each day we were at the resort). We believe the hotel should place comments on their website..."better room options are available if you call the hotel directly". Also, Tony should be honest with guests from the beginning and give them the option to move to another hotel. This is my suggestion to you -- find another hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Beach Hotel Traverse City
- Grand Beach Resort
- Grand Beach Hotel
- Grand Beach Traverse City
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, Fareportal , Venere and Agoda so you can book your Grand Beach Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.