“Weekend in TC” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Traverse City, Michigan
“Weekend in TC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We rented the Fireplace Suite for two nights for a weekend getaway. It was nice, clean, plenty of space. Loved having the kitchenette and dishes there. It is a little North of town, a cab ride downtown cost about $20. Definitely worth the price though. It is pet friendly for an extra fee. The TART trails are right out back, which makes it nice to walk your dog. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: There are different options for room types. If it is just a night or two spend more for the suite. Y...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The suite was nice and large for our family weekend. There was more than enough space to spread out and for the dog to run around. Access to the walking trail behind the hotel was excellent. I have no negative comments since the hotel room was what we were expecting and the staff was very nice. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to families or groups with dogs looking to save a little bit of money.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stay here as often as possible. The room is perfect for staying in and fixing food or going out for a bite to eat. It's so close to trails, woods, hikes, wine, beer, shopping- all fun stuff you want to do on off time!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We recently stayed here for a long weekend winter get away - travelling from Florida with a large group (24 - adults and kids) In order to see lots of snow, sled at local parks and tube and ski at the nearby facilities (Timberlee and Mt. Holiday). This location is perfect, a few minutes away from the "down town" area of TC. Plenty of places to eat nearby, but the reason we chose Traverse Bay Inn was because of the kitchen. Kitchen was stocked with all cooking and eating utensils. We loaded up at the Meijer and saved on food expenses by eating at the room. The hotel was nice, rooms are all similar. Upstairs and downstairs with adequate heat and window shakers for summer AC. Housekeeping staff was friendly, though we never used their services daily, she still checked in with us. CHeck it out - worth the stay the rates are GREAT.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Davison, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were very pleasantly surprised at the spacious suite and the awesome closet space...Jeff was very helpful with local restaurants & shops. .. loved having a full kitchen. . Spent a week here and enjoyed it so much! We will be back!

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Lansing, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2014

Stayed two nights over Thanksgiving with my Mom and my dog. I was advised at check in that no one would be onsite in the office on Thanksgiving day--and I was OK with that. I was pleased to find the Traverse Bay Inn to be so reasonably priced for such a great room! Very clean. Plenty of pillows and cozy blankets. One bedroom upstairs and one downstairs was perfect for us. The bathroom is quite small, but the closets are HUGE! Small well equipped kitchen. There was plenty of room on the property to walk the dog. It seemed like there were several other guests with dogs, and I was happy to see that most everyone was responsible and cleaned up after them. My only issues: the TVs in both the upstairs and downstairs bedroom did not work. When I reported it at check out I was told that "someone must have pushed buttons on the TV". No offer to adjust the rate or apologize. It was sort of a "well, that's just how it is" kind of reply. Also, the seating for the living room area could be improved upon. One well used loveseat size sofa was the only option other than wooden dining table chairs or the floor. Since neither TVs in the bedrooms worked, our choices were limited on where to spend time watching Thanksgiving parades and football.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Pickford, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

I booked a room via telephone and by leaving a voicemail message because they do not answer the phone after 6pm. I had an emergency come up and had to cancel the room. I left another voicemail message on Tuesday night to cancel a Friday night booking. I was charged for the room and the price was higher than originally quoted even. When I spoke to Jeff, the manager (owner), he said he never received the cancellation message and he was very rude. Funny that when I called I got "This is Jeff at the Traverse Bay Inn, please leave a message" SURE, he did not get my cancellation (RIGHT). NEVER trust them and do not support unscrupulous business practices....

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Been to Traverse Bay Inn? Share your experiences!