“Clean and friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 38 hotels in Traverse City
michigan
“Clean and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had the opportunity to stay here during the week leading up to Memorial Day. While the staff was obviously very busy prepping for the holiday, they were very friendly and responded pleasantly to all of our needs and questions. The room was very clean and also had a king size bed, jacuzzi and TV upstairs. (three TV's in all) We prefer traveling a lot during the week and were able to take advantage of some great prices. Located a few miles east of the downtown area which can be somewhat hectic, we were able to get to sites that we wanted to see with no problems at all. A lot of good restaurants nearby as well. We told the owners that we would stay here again and we mean it! This whole area is awesome.

Room Tip: Please disregard my reviews about the restaurant and fitness center. I clicked on them by mistake a...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

171 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
henderson nv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

While visting family in MI we wanted to see Traverse Bay so looking at T A I wanted something that had 2 rooms. This was perfect for us! It sleeps 8 people 3 queen beds 2 bedrooms kitchenette only drawback was one bathroom but not a big deal for one nite. Price was great and no bugs very clean!!

Stayed June 2014
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I had to find a hotel that accepted dogs. I also wanted an outdoor pool, since dogs are not allowed on the beaches. The staff were so nice to me and my chihuahua. I was so excited when I walked into my room, expecting a traditional king bed hotel room. The room had a living room, kitchenette and bedroom with a double bed downstairs AND upstairs there was a king bed and Jacuzzi! The bedding was very comfortable and cozy. The grounds were lovely and location was perfect. I would recommend this place to anyone who is not looking for a top of the line hotel. Just somewhere pleasant to stay for more than overnight.

Room Tip: Some rooms have fireplaces. Some rooms have Jacuzzis. Be sure to specify want you are looking for...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hartland, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel was a nice surprise. There is a separate living space with kitchenette, and a bedroom down the hallway. Now, it is by no means a modern hotel with the newest updates, but it is very clean & larger than expected.

Also my dog liked it because there was a large field to take walks. And the separate bedroom seemed to help make her feel more at home.

Room Tip: Get the larger room, the $20 difference is worth it.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

We chose this motel because it is cheap and dog friendly. I am very happy that we did! Very very clean! Awesome jacuzzi tub! Everything seemed like the owners really took good care of it. I had never actually stayed in a motel before, but this experience has shown me how much more you can get for the price! Highly recommend!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Traverse City, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I checked in late January on a weekly extended stay basis and had planned to stay til late April. It took me over a month to figure out what was going on. A few days into my stay I noticed red marks on one leg and didn't think much of it. Then a few days later I had red marks on the other leg as well. I used a topical cream which helped minimize the redness. I still didn't think much of it until a few more days and I noticed red marks on my arms and hands as well. At that point I thought I had eaten something I was allergic to. Meanwhile I was experiencing a burning pain in my legs and arms. I continued to use a topical cream but more spots would appear. Then I thought maybe it's the detergent they use in the bedding and towels and so forth. Now we are almost 3 weeks into my stay. During that time I had killed a few of these brown spiders I kept finding in the bedroom but did not make any connection. I finally took an antibiotic for 10 days which helped clear up the red marks and stinging/burning pain. However, within days of finishing the antibiotic more red marks and burning pain returned. It finally came together when I discovered bed bugs on one of the pillows one night. Then everything made sense, they apparently have a pest problem. I did some research and bed bugs cause red marks and itching but no burning or stinging, but spider bites can cause a burning sensation. I immediately checked out at the office the next morning after my discovery. The owner was on vacation in another state so I could not speak to him, however the woman working the desk called over to the manager and her words were "we better call Hogarth" (local pest control company) and have them come out here and spray AGAIN. Apparently they have an ongoing problem. As I mentioned I had planned to stay longer so I had emailed the owner later a few days later and said I would come back but only if he could confirm the problem had been taken care of. He did not tell me the problem had been resolved, in addition to that he showed no care or concern for what I went through. No apology…nothing, and I don’t want one now to try and make yourself look good. You didn’t care then and you don’t now either. AVOID THIS MOTEL.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
TBI-Owner, Owner at Traverse Bay Inn, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
I can assure everyone that all manner of diligence on the part of the Traverse Bay Inn has been taken to address this reviews comments and accusations. We must take every guest comment seriously and realize how disconcerting these kinds of remarks may be to our guests and potential guests; they are to us as well. We all take pride in what we have at the Traverse Bay Inn, have done so for 20 years, and will continue to do so because it is important to us to present a safe, clean, enjoyable environment for our guests that we enjoy so much.
Clinton township, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

We have stayed here a number of times during the winter and have not been disappointed! The accommodations are clean and spacious. The office staff are always there to offer suggestions and to insure your stay is everything you want it to be. Great central location to the wine country and downtown.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are just around the corner from the walking pathway if you travel with pets as we alway...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Traverse Bay Inn? Share your experiences!