“Very clean!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Traverse City
henderson nv
“Very clean!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

While visting family in MI we wanted to see Traverse Bay so looking at T A I wanted something that had 2 rooms. This was perfect for us! It sleeps 8 people 3 queen beds 2 bedrooms kitchenette only drawback was one bathroom but not a big deal for one nite. Price was great and no bugs very clean!!

Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I had to find a hotel that accepted dogs. I also wanted an outdoor pool, since dogs are not allowed on the beaches. The staff were so nice to me and my chihuahua. I was so excited when I walked into my room, expecting a traditional king bed hotel room. The room had a living room, kitchenette and bedroom with a double bed downstairs AND upstairs there was a king bed and Jacuzzi! The bedding was very comfortable and cozy. The grounds were lovely and location was perfect. I would recommend this place to anyone who is not looking for a top of the line hotel. Just somewhere pleasant to stay for more than overnight.

Room Tip: Some rooms have fireplaces. Some rooms have Jacuzzis. Be sure to specify want you are looking for...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hartland, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel was a nice surprise. There is a separate living space with kitchenette, and a bedroom down the hallway. Now, it is by no means a modern hotel with the newest updates, but it is very clean & larger than expected.

Also my dog liked it because there was a large field to take walks. And the separate bedroom seemed to help make her feel more at home.

Room Tip: Get the larger room, the $20 difference is worth it.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

We chose this motel because it is cheap and dog friendly. I am very happy that we did! Very very clean! Awesome jacuzzi tub! Everything seemed like the owners really took good care of it. I had never actually stayed in a motel before, but this experience has shown me how much more you can get for the price! Highly recommend!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Traverse City, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I checked in late January on a weekly extended stay basis and had planned to stay til late April. It took me over a month to figure out what was going on. A few days into my stay I noticed red marks on one leg and didn't think much of it. Then a few days later I had red marks on the other leg as well. I used a topical cream which helped minimize the redness. I still didn't think much of it until a few more days and I noticed red marks on my arms and hands as well. At that point I thought I had eaten something I was allergic to. Meanwhile I was experiencing a burning pain in my legs and arms. I continued to use a topical cream but more spots would appear. Then I thought maybe it's the detergent they use in the bedding and towels and so forth. Now we are almost 3 weeks into my stay. During that time I had killed a few of these brown spiders I kept finding in the bedroom but did not make any connection. I finally took an antibiotic for 10 days which helped clear up the red marks and stinging/burning pain. However, within days of finishing the antibiotic more red marks and burning pain returned. It finally came together when I discovered bed bugs on one of the pillows one night. Then everything made sense, they apparently have a pest problem. I did some research and bed bugs cause red marks and itching but no burning or stinging, but spider bites can cause a burning sensation. I immediately checked out at the office the next morning after my discovery. The owner was on vacation in another state so I could not speak to him, however the woman working the desk called over to the manager and her words were "we better call Hogarth" (local pest control company) and have them come out here and spray AGAIN. Apparently they have an ongoing problem. As I mentioned I had planned to stay longer so I had emailed the owner later a few days later and said I would come back but only if he could confirm the problem had been taken care of. He did not tell me the problem had been resolved, in addition to that he showed no care or concern for what I went through. No apology…nothing, and I don’t want one now to try and make yourself look good. You didn’t care then and you don’t now either. AVOID THIS MOTEL.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
TBI-Owner, Owner at Traverse Bay Inn, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
I can assure everyone that all manner of diligence on the part of the Traverse Bay Inn has been taken to address this reviews comments and accusations. We must take every guest comment seriously and realize how disconcerting these kinds of remarks may be to our guests and potential guests; they are to us as well. We all take pride in what we have at the Traverse Bay Inn, have done so for 20 years, and will continue to do so because it is important to us to present a safe, clean, enjoyable environment for our guests that we enjoy so much.
Clinton township, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

We have stayed here a number of times during the winter and have not been disappointed! The accommodations are clean and spacious. The office staff are always there to offer suggestions and to insure your stay is everything you want it to be. Great central location to the wine country and downtown.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are just around the corner from the walking pathway if you travel with pets as we alway...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Cadillac, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Booked the room for four days in order to go to medical appointments based upon the excellent reviews for the prices available, and arrived with a friend on Feb 19th at about 730 pm after clearing the late arrival over the phone earlier that day. Was immediately impressed by the quality of the housekeeping and the well-stocked kitchenette in room 106, which was a king jacuzzi suite. Housekeeping staff was wonderful and came by every day to ask us if we needed anything, and they washed the dishes (some of which were actually mine that I brought with me) and made my bed on the 20th while we were at the hospital for my tests. Only a few mild issues, one of which was a group that arrived at about 5pm on the 20th and made a great deal of noise in room 105 for over two hours straight. My friend knew that the desk would not be staffed for much longer so she went to the office at about 7pm to let them know about this, As I was not with her I don't know exactly what transpired but she came away from the encounter with the impression that the gentleman on the desk (who I believe she said was Jeff) was somewhat irritated that he had lost a very large room booking by ejecting them from the inn. I apologize if she was somewhat confrontational in her approach--perhaps there was a misunderstanding or lack of communication on her part. I personally dislike making complaints as I work with the public and I don't wish to be one of "those" customers, and I think she may have been a bit on edge due to the medical issues I was in TC for and perhaps came off a bit abrasive. Again, I apologize if this was the case, as I enjoyed the stay a great deal and would generally recommend it and would love to stay again. In addition, it appeared that the jacuzzi above the downstairs bedroom may have flooded or leaked at some point recently as there were fairly new water stains on the ceiling and what appeared to be water in the light fixture cover itself before we used the tub, although the water and stains seem to have dried by the time we left and there was no problem the three times we used the jacuzzi as we watched the ceiling carefully each time. Was somewhat surprised at the lack of an ice machine on the property, but the freezer in the room did have a couple of trays of ice when we arrived. When checking out at about 11am on Sunday the 23rd there was no one in the office to confirm our exit and as I noticed someone else had left their keys on the desk with a note that they were leaving I did the same, although in hindsight it may have been wiser to simply leave the keys in the room to ensure no one else could access it. Overall it was a very good stay and I am very happy with the Traverse Bay Inn and would recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
TBI-Owner, Owner at Traverse Bay Inn, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
I appreciate the review very much, Angela W. Always glad to hear good comments about our great staff and the good work they do. I'm also glad you let me know immediately about the noisy guests next door so I could take care of the problem. Our rooms are extremely well insulated from noise so I was immediately concerned as noise complaints at the Traverse Bay Inn are rare. I didn't mean to come off in a bad way so please tell your friend that for me if you would. Those kinds of issues are never fun to deal with especially with uncooperative guests. (Them not you) Thank you for your cooperation.
Because of the intensity of the winter we have seen some water issues from so much ice build-up so thank you for the report about the ceiling. I have since looked at that and I do believe we have taken care of the problem. Next time do keep in mind that we try and keep an ice supply in the office for our guests so just let us know and we can bring some to the room for you. I certainly do hope to see you again soon when you can come just for FUN!

Been to Traverse Bay Inn? Share your experiences!