“Drive In-Drive out” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Traverse City
Westerville, Ohio
“Drive In-Drive out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Very clean, very convenient, a big bang for your buck. We were there for a Porsche Club event...and paid 35% - 50% less than the "host hotel." The sitting room includes a sofa in a separate area from the bedroom, a nice area to relax with a sizable flat screen tv and a kitchenette that included cookware and linens. Pool and jacuzzi area very clean. We loved parking right outside our door and not having to schlepp luggage all around. Even though it's right off the main drag, we did not notice traffic noise. Location is great with a bike path (behind motel) and FREE bike rentals. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Immaculate and well maintained. Knowledgeable staff provided good recommendations for food options.
Our unit had kitchenette, bath, sitting area and bedroom on main level; bedroom and jacuzzi spa upstairs.
We were here for an overnight, but could easily do very well for a longer stay. Would return again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Our stay at the Traverse Bay Inn was fabulous. We came for the Cherry Bomb Lacrosse Tournament. July 26-28, 2013. It was me and my son and another teammate. I loved the place. It's quaint, clean and well kept up. The bikes are the cutest thing I have seen in a long time. Our room had a full kitchen, bedroom downstairs and another bedroom upstairs with two beds that accommodated my son and our friends son and me downstairs. It was perfect separation for the two boys and me. We used the pool, spa - both were very nice. Great location. The beds were amazing - bleachey white clean and so comfortable. Tons of closet space and storage. The laundry room came in handy to wash uniforms. When I come back I will probably stay there because of the well kept up conditions and because of the full kitchen. Thanks Jeff for a great stay.
So NICE to have a change of pace from the same old standard room with two beds. I recommend the Traverse Bay Inn highly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
willoughby ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Traverse Bay Inn is the BEST value hotel in Traverse City. I have been traveling to

T.C. for 25 years. I had my honeymoon there ! We have camped there and stayed

at the resort, along with a number of other hotels. Up until a few years ago I thought

I had to stay on the bay to have a relaxing time. Traverse Bay Inn changed all that.

For a small amount of money you get condo style living. You have a kitchen & a

multiple bedrooms on 2 floors ! You have a very nice pool with a hot tub. You are

also next to the bike trail. Lastly the fine people who own and run this hotel are the

BEST I have ever seen. TBI is now the only place we will stay at Traverse City !

ohio85

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Lendava, Slovenia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The room we had was okay. It was clean. BUT....the part that upset me was, I called in about March to make reservations for late June, because we were attending a family wedding. When I made the reservations I said how many people would be there and they quoted me a price. I even called the day before our arrival to confirm. However when I arrived, the owner said it would be $20 more. I said we were told it was $ 20 less.( We even found ( ON THEIR WEB SITE) they had another room for $20 less than OURS .... the room EVEN had more beds!)...I was upset, but polite....but we had no choice it was the beginning of the Cherry Festival Week....so we had no other choice...everything was booked....I was not a happy person ....They don't even quote you the price with tax....I've always been quoted prices with tax....anyway, I had to pay $48 more than expect!ed! Better get your price quote in writing.
PS They said we had beach access to Traverse Bay...Yeah, as if walking across that 4 LANE busy street was a gook idea!...NO!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
TBI-Owner, Owner at Traverse Bay Inn, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you for your review and comments. It's great to be able to have an opportunity to clear things up when there are guest questions or disappointments. Give me a call, text, or email and I would be glad to credit your extra charge; I don't want to ruin anyone’s visit for a few bucks and obviously there was an error in communication somewhere along the line. You are correct, though, in that we do charge $10 per night for each additional adult over two in each room. We are indeed on a very busy street and there is in fact a very well kept small park across the street. The park is great for lake access and picnicking but not at all "beachy" any more due to the extremely low Lake Michigan water levels. I know the busy road makes for a challenge in getting there even though there is a stoplight close by. A short bike ride on our complimentary bikes on the TART recreation trail makes a nice alternative with the State Park Beach so close. The TART crosses our property, is off the road, and very safe and comfortable to use. Thanks again for voicing your concerns and I look forward to your call. - Jeff
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My son Evan and I once again stayed 3 delightful weeks at the "Traverse Bay Inn" from May 30th thru June 17th, 2013. We were so welcomed and the staff/owner took great care of us. All were so friendly and became family. What ever we needed the staff was so accommodating. I love the rooms with the full kitchenette and outdoor heated pool/jacuzzi. They also have a well cleaned, up dated laundry room which made life so much easier. The rooms were clean, quiet and having a lot of space for storage and for a child to run around. I felt so at home and very safe. My sincere thanks to the owner "Jeff", Megan & Diana." Evan and I were so touched by the good bye gifts. We love you all and look forward in staying with you next summer. Hugs, Cathy & Evan

P.S. We're now off to the Greek Islands..Let's hope our experience there will match up to our stay @ Traverse Bay Inn.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
TBI-Owner, Owner at Traverse Bay Inn, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Wow, what nice things to say about us! Thank you very much for relating your experiences at the Traverse Bay Inn, I'm glad we could serve you well. It's always fun to make new friends and share all of the great things our area has to offer with our guests, you had some great June weather and were able to enjoy the lower rates that time of year brings as too! We have been so excited and busy getting ready for our summer; I hope everyone enjoys the new TVs, A/Cs, and other upgrades we are working on for this year. As always we enjoy adding to our list of friends who regularly stay with us, how great that is. I hope to see you again next year, Cathy, have fun in Greece!
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

While there is nothing fancy about Traverse City Bay Inn, there is plenty to write home about. Clean rooms w/ a kitchenette,comfy beds, beach access across the street, bike trail leading into town (8 miles?) or Suttons Bay (22 miles) behind the well maintained beautiful property, Walgreens, Family Video, Burger King, Speedway, and Bob Evans all in walking distance. DId I mention they put out bicycles for loan every morning? The only stipulation is to return them by dark. There is a picnic area with grills, a pool, as well as a hot tub. Wine tours also pick up from this hotel. It was a wonderful experience that I look forward to repeating.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Traverse Bay Inn? Share your experiences!