“Great New Local Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Traverse City, Michigan
“Great New Local Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

A great new addition to the warehouse district of Traverse City. Been here for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and it hasn't failed to satisfy. My favorite dish was a special for dinner, Basa which is a catfish from the Mekong River Delta, with fresh vegetables and rice. Good desert selection as well. And finally very reasonably priced.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

89% Recommend
Oxford, Michigan
“Amazing Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Stopped in for a bite to eat and WOW...The taste buds were flying high. All four of us had a Great Lunch and not saying Dinner at Xylo would not be good either...we just stopped in for lunch on that day. Also enjoyed the Brownie...OMG!

Visited November 2013
Holland, Michigan, United States
“Neat location, Will come back, Need more staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Stopped at Xylo for a business lunch trip while we were in Traverse city for the afternoon. The location is a little challenging to get to if you are unfamiliar with down town so look on Google earth and scope out parking areas before you go.
The restaurant was comfortable and urban feeling with lots of art work to look at.
I got a salmon version of the Eggs Benedict I think it as called Eggs Hemingway and my partner got the thai noodles. The Muffin on my eggs Hemingway did not get toasted and was soggy and the eggs were Slightly under poached (still clear and wet egg whites on top) the sauce was good and complement the salmon well. It was ok, and would be better with the right preparation.
My partners Thai noodles were more than sufficient for quantity, and had decent flavor, the only thought we had would be more flavor (he asked for extra spice and it was pretty mild) and the noodles were Egg noodles and should have been traditional rice noodles (Gluten free also)

I felt bad for the staff, there were only two on the floor at lunch time with a full house and our service was pretty slow not due to laziness but the noon rush. Unfortunately our experience suffered and I found my self making excuses for them, but probably should not have.

I am not giving up, yet and feel this would be a great place for my wife and I to enjoy a breakfast or lunch and will post a follow up when we do.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Michigan
“Great food, nice spices, eclectic atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Found this on Yelp when visiting Traverse. Was a real nice find. Lots of art for sale on the walls, quiet, comfortable atmosphere. The food was excellent and had a nice range of tastes, and very good flavor. We ordered 4 different dishes and shared, which was a great idea since everything did taste so differently. The bar has some local beer, wine and top shelf liquor. Overall a good selection with not too much to decide on. The wait staff was nice and friendly - but nothing special. Best part of the experience was the food and looking at art work.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, ON
“Continues to Improve!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

My wife and I visited Traverse City for several days earlier this month and we decided to revisit Xylo, since we had enjoyed previous visits to the restaurant. Since our last visit the menu has been significantly expanded and they have acquired a liquor licence. Once again, the food was excellent and service was prompt, despite a "full house". We noticed that a new hotel is under construction just across the street. Once completed I suspect that reservations will be a must, something we did not need on this occasion. We highly recommend this restaurant.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere