“Another Great Place to Eat in Traverse City!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
London, ON
“Another Great Place to Eat in Traverse City!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We decided to try "Xylo" after reading reviews online and hearing that it had recently be named "Best New Restaurant in Traverse City". We had Lunch on our second day in town , and enjoyed it so much that we returned for dinner the following day. The location in the "Warehouse District" is just off the beaten path, but not hard to find. We were quickly seated and offered drinks - no liquor licence, but locally made soda is available, and an excellent option. The food was fantastic, as advertised, and the portions more than most diners were able to finish, based on the number of "doggy bags" leaving when dinners were over. I can personally recommend the chicken satays which were outstanding. My wife had quiche for lunch and Thai Noodles (loaded with seafood and chicken)for dinner. Both were excellent. The noodles (Pad Thai) would have fed a family of 3 (4?) - we travelled home today and she had the leftovers for dinner (with a similar amount still remaining for lunch tomorrow). Xylo now joins FireFly as a "can't miss" place for dinner whenever we are in Traverse City.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Michigan
“Visit to the Warehouse District”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Home of the best chef in all of TC.....and the baker....ooo lala! The carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.....so delicious and HEALTHY. Sit outside on the little veranda, savor every little bite of these goodies, and the prices are very reasonable. Everything is to like! Including tomato basil soup.

• Visited May 2012
Naperville, Illinois
“As good as any meal I've had in TC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012 via mobile

Been vacationing in TC for at least 15 years. This food is as good as any I've had....Stella, Amical, you name it.

Off the beaten path, well worth a visit. No alcohol, but still awesome.

“Great new restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

Great food with extremely friendly staff and a fun atmosphere in a slightly hidden but handy location!

Michigan
“Quickly becoming one of our favorite TC stops”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

I've met business contacts here for lunch several times, but my most recent visit was for dinner with my spouse before a concert. We loved the food starting with a calamari appetizer -- not easy to find in Northern Michigan. For dinner my blackened salmon was excellent and the risotto and veggies that accompanied it were great. My spouse's meat loaf was accompanied by extra veggies in exchange for mashed potatoes, which he appreciated. My only regret is that I didn't have room for dessert. While I like a good glass of wine with dinner, don't let the lack of a liquor license keep you away. The food is too good to allow that to happen. Xylo is located in the Warehouse District of TC and has a little bit of an urban vibe to it, which is fun. We recognized several of the staff from the former Silvertree Deli in Suttons Bay. They created awesome food there and continue to do so at this location. It's a great place to stop for dinner before a concert at the Inside Out gallery next door.

• Visited April 2012