We were in town for the Bayshore Marathon, so we were only spending one night here. We probably would not have stayed here for 2 nights.
The room was fairly clean, but the chair had several large stains on it, not sure what they were! Also the outside screen to our window fell out, so we couldn't really keep our window open for the spring breeze. We told the front desk about it, but nothing was ever done.
If you are not a dog person, do not stay here! We love animals, but the overwhelming smell of dogs would probably drive someone to rebook elsewhere. Upon opening the door from our room to the hallway, you definitely could smell it.
Positives - hot shower and a late checkout, due to the marathon that morning.
For $150+tax, I would expect just a bit more cleanliness. I realize it was Bayshore weekend and Memorial Day weekend, but all I ask for is a clean and safe room. No extra amenities needed. I would rate this more of a 2.5 star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Boarders Inn and Suites Traverse City MI hotel is conveniently located near Cherry Capital Airport on Highway 31 N. Located in northern Michigan; Traverse City is right across from Grand Traverse Bay and many outdoor activities like swimming, fishing, hiking and more. When you book a room at our pet-friendly Traverse City hotel, you can look forward to free amenities including continental breakfast, Wi-Fi and parking for any sized vehicle you arrive in. We also offer 24-hour front desk service, handicap accessible and non-smoking rooms, as well as whirlpool or fireplace suites. Kids 17 and under stay free with an adult. Whether you want to spend the day outside on the bay, enjoy breathtaking views, or browsing charming small-town shops, our Traverse City hotel location delivers. Fish or cruise the waters of Grand Traverse Bay, or relax with a stack of magazines on beaches like Traverse City State Park. With the waterfront in view, check out the exhibits at Grand Traverse Lighthouse, or hike or bike Traverse Area Recreational Trail. During the winter, go snowmobiling on Boardman Valley Trail. If you love to shop, explore unique shops on Front Street in downtown Traverse City or the 100-plus stores in Grand Traverse Mall. If you would rather tee off, get in a game of golf at Mitchell Creek Golf Course. You will find plenty of restaurants near our Traverse City, MI, hotel. Find casual dining at Fire Fly, or try pub food and pints at Mackinaw Brewing Company, both in downtown Traverse City. Get a quick bite of Chinese food at Golden Chopsticks or, if you have a taste for Italian, go to Trattoria Stella. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Odigeo and EasyToBook so you can book your Boarders Inn and Suites of Traverse City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 - Traverse City Hotel Traverse City
- Super Eight Traverse City
- Traverse City Super 8
- Traverse City Super Eight