“Filthy and disgusting” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Boarders Inn and Suites of Traverse City

You added Boarders Inn and Suites of Traverse City to your Saves list
Boarders Inn and Suites of Traverse City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1870 N. US Hwy 31 N, Traverse City, MI 49686-3746 (Formerly Super 8)   |
Ranked #30 of 38 Hotels in Traverse City
Midland, Michigan
“Filthy and disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014

We stayed there on Oct 11, 2014. Halls are filthy. Bathroom tub was grungy. Room was subpar. Never took my socks off, not even to sleep.
Will never stay there again and would never recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2014

I usually wouldn't stay at this off brand hotel but I read online that this was hotel was remodeled and updated in 2013. If that is true, it has really been beat up in the last year. Very dingy overall. Our shower was so filthy with visible mold that we had to wear flip flops! The breakfast was just a couple of muffins, bread, waffles and those disgusting prepackaged hard boiled eggs. The rate was the cheapest non motel rate in town. I guess you get what you pay for. I would not stay at this hotel again and would highly recommend you stay elsewhere if you are used to standards of Hiltons, Marriotts, etc.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Toledo, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights this past weekend and it was to my surprise, better than anticipated. I was really only looking for a place to hang out and sleep in. Most of the day, we weren't in our room. Everything seemed very clean and put together. I would stay again. We did utilize the free wifi but did not use the complimentary breakfast. There was always people down there though. If you are looking for a nice place to sleep.. this is your place! My only one complaint that is why I rated 4 stars.. is we were in room 201 and it is right up against the road and we heard traffic noise all night--not awful but enough that it was noticeable.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Sault Ste. Marie
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2014 via mobile

Most of our regular fav hotels were all booked for our weekend wine tour getaway so we booked this one.
Pros- large jacuzzi suite, gas fireplace, comfy bed, plenty of towels in room for tub and shower, room decently clean, large windows that actually opened!
Cons- TV not adjustable (only faced the couch and tub, not the bed), loud bachelorette party in hall at all hours, dated bathtub in shower and no counter space.
Would probably stay here again.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2014

We stayed at Boarders Inn and Suites on a fall weekend, mostly because it was the only hotel we could find under $200 with a vacancy. We were pleasantly surprised to find it neat and clean, with a nice complimentary continental breakfast.

I'm glad I didn't see the reviews calling this place filthy before I stayed there. "Filthy" wasn't at all our experience.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Brutus, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2014

I stayed at this motel in July and was very disappointed. I took a wet paper towel and ran it across the baseboard in the bathroom and was very disgusted at the amount of dirt that was there. Since this was plainly visible, I wonder what was filthy that wasn't visible. I even found a bobby pin behind the table between the beds. There was also no microwave or refrigerator in the room. The elevator carpeting was very filthy. Not a happy guest.

Room Tip: Check the cleanliness beforehand.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
jersey city, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

At press time, Boarders is 28th out of 38 in TC which seems low. I didn't experience any cigarette or pot smoke, or Hooters noise. And I can't comment on breakfast since I prefer outside breakfasts. The room was clean and the service was efficient.

As a caffeine addict, I appreciate the brief walk to Crow About It. And as a beef jerky fan I also like the proximity to Bayside Market. The state park beach is a long walk or a short drive from here. While the downtown hotels have the ideal location, they are very expensive. The East Bay hotels like Boarders are appealing since they at least have a water-and-trees vibe, whereas the similarly priced Route 31 hotels are nestled in any-suburb USA.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Been to Boarders Inn and Suites of Traverse City? Share your experiences!