“Excellent rate, average place for the price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Boarders Inn and Suites of Traverse City

You added Boarders Inn and Suites of Traverse City to your Saves list
Boarders Inn and Suites of Traverse City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1870 N. US Hwy 31 N, Traverse City, MI 49686-3746 (Formerly Super 8)   |
Ranked #32 of 39 Hotels in Traverse City
Naples, Florida
“Excellent rate, average place for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We stayed 3 nights at the Boarders Inn and Suites in February 2014. The exterior is well maintained (as far as I could tell in winter) Interior lobby and hall areas are a little older (Remember this used to be a super 8) but the rooms were average. Newer bedding and flat screen TV's. Rooms were clean and beds comfortable. We had no complaints during our stay. The wall unit heated room adequately, housekeeping staff was prompt and helpful. Breakfast offerings were average for these places (waffle mix, colder cereal, yogurt etc.) For the rate we paid (average $57 per night!) to stay here I have no complaint! The proximity to places to eat and things to do worked fine for us since we had rental cars.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for one night this past week. The room was spacious and extremely clean. I never heard anything from the hallway or any of the other rooms throughout the entire night.

The wi-fi was great and so were the snacks available all night long and the generous breakfast - including freshly made waffles - the following morning. I also appreciated having the free local newspaper and USA Today provided at the front desk.

I qualified to receive the AARP rate and that was wonderful. I am a member of AARP as well as AAA. It is a great value for the price.

The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of the beach//bay and along a city bus route.

In the morning I realized that the weather for my trip back to London, ON was possibly going to be pretty bad so I chatted with the front desk staff and the housekeeping staff about what they thought. Everyone went out of their way to gather information for me so I could make an informed decision about whether I should attempt the trip home at this time and what would be the preferred/safest route. One of the ladies with housekeeping pulled out her cell phone and she called a friend in Port Huron, MI just to check the present conditions and to ask about the best route. You could tell that they all really cared about my safety. I was somewhat overwhelmed by their kindness and caring.

I did head out and faced some pretty bad conditions initially, but they had provided me with the best available route under the circumstances. I felt so grateful for their help that I called the front desk when I arrived home to thank them for their help.

Next month I will be back in Traverse City and I plan on staying at Boarder's once again. And yes, this hotel had previously been the Super 8.

Room Tip: Don't hesitate to stay here. You'll be well taken care of.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Anchor Point, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Traverse City Mi I have stayed in many hotels .I found this one on the bay area,and it is worth writing about ,the price was inexpensive, the rooms were very nice and maintained well.The staff are positive polite and very helpful great hotel for whatever your needs are,close to every thing Traverse City has to offer,I highly recommend this hotel I will stay here in the future.Hugh Alaska

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Rochester, mi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

For a non smoking motel, it was VERY disappointing to be greeted by the smell of cigarettes at the front door and the reeking smell of pot on the 3rd floor. The smell of smoke was so intense it made its way down the hall to our room. We drove four hours for business and it was frustrating to stay at a place where the building was not monitored very well, especially while illegal activity took place. The price was cheap from Expedia.com and now I understand why...

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Indiana, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Standard hotel rooms. Ours did look like it had new carpet, paint, and beds and such. So it was a nice freshening up. But next door to Hooters, and such left a lot to be desired for sleep. We will likely look elsewhere if there is a next time up here. We also stayed at Great Wolf Lodge.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Howell, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My fiance and I came to traverse City for our anniversary. We decided to stay at a less expensive hotel since we were on a budget. We paid $50 for this hotel. Very nice for the price. We had a small snafu when checking in (which may have been linked to another booking company) so we were upgraded to the Jacuzzi suite. The Jacuzzi suite normally goes for $79. There are more than enough towels, a refrigerator, and coffee. The breakfast was nice too. I would definitely recommend this place for location and price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Cindy R, General Manager at Boarders Inn and Suites of Traverse City, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Hi Ashley U!
Thank you for choosing Boarders Inn and Suites of Traverse City for your anniversary stay! We may be biased, but we think Traverse City is spectacular, especially this time of year! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and were impressed with our location, staff and accommodations.

We hope to see you for many future anniversaries! Congratulations and thank you again for choosing to spend your special day with us!

Cindy
Rochester Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Originally, we were going to book a pricey hotel on the lake ($250+) per night with no lake view , but decided to book the Boarders for under $100 per night. We were glad we did! This hotel has a great location (across the street from our original choice). The room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. The breakfast was adequate, too. The staff was friendly. We thought it was funny that we could look out our room and see the lake....that's more than what we would have had at the other hotel. We used the money we saved on the hotel to pay for meals and souvenirs. Great time!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Mll143,
We know you have many choices when it comes to accommodations in Traverse City. Thank you for choosing Boarders Inn and Suites of Traverse City!

We appreciate your positive feedback and we are pleased that you enjoyed your accommodations and our service.

We hope to be of service to you on many future trips to our beautiful area! Thank you again!

Cindy

Been to Boarders Inn and Suites of Traverse City? Share your experiences!