My husband and I just stayed at this hotel last night. We were planning to stay in Traverse City for only the day, but decided to stay overnight at the last minute. This hotel had an open room for $169.00. The lobby was nothing too impressive, and the elevator was, well...disgusting. The room was clean (mostly.) There was a stain on the decorative linen that was on top of our comforter, and we had a mystery wet spot on our carpet for the duration of our stay, but our bed was comfortable and our bathroom was clean. The T.V. was small but good quality, and we slept great on the mattress.
The staff was very helpful. After leaving the downtown area at close to 1 a.m. they directed us to the best place where we could get a pizza delivered at 1 in the morning, and looked up the phone number for us.
In the morning, we went down for the breakfast and were very happy with the selection. There was an area where you could make your own waffles, cereal, muffins, toast, hard boiled eggs, chocolate and white milk, apple and orange juice, as well as several other breakfast staples.
The location was great, minus the fact that it is very difficult to turn left out of this hotel. However, it's not for from anything and it's within walking distance of a Wendy's, Hooters, and the best mini golf course we have ever visited (They also have a ropes course, go karts, bumper boats, and other attractions). It is across the street from the lakeside hotels, and we could see the lake from our 3rd floor room.
All in all, it was a good hotel for a one night trip that we booked on the fly. When we go back though, I think that we will be selecting a different place to stay. It was not worth the $170.00 per night price tag.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Boarders Inn and Suites Traverse City MI hotel is conveniently located near Cherry Capital Airport on Highway 31 N. Located in northern Michigan; Traverse City is right across from Grand Traverse Bay and many outdoor activities like swimming, fishing, hiking and more. When you book a room at our pet-friendly Traverse City hotel, you can look forward to free amenities including continental breakfast, Wi-Fi and parking for any sized vehicle you arrive in. We also offer 24-hour front desk service, handicap accessible and non-smoking rooms, as well as whirlpool or fireplace suites. Kids 17 and under stay free with an adult. Whether you want to spend the day outside on the bay, enjoy breathtaking views, or browsing charming small-town shops, our Traverse City hotel location delivers. Fish or cruise the waters of Grand Traverse Bay, or relax with a stack of magazines on beaches like Traverse City State Park. With the waterfront in view, check out the exhibits at Grand Traverse Lighthouse, or hike or bike Traverse Area Recreational Trail. During the winter, go snowmobiling on Boardman Valley Trail. If you love to shop, explore unique shops on Front Street in downtown Traverse City or the 100-plus stores in Grand Traverse Mall. If you would rather tee off, get in a game of golf at Mitchell Creek Golf Course. You will find plenty of restaurants near our Traverse City, MI, hotel. Find casual dining at Fire Fly, or try pub food and pints at Mackinaw Brewing Company, both in downtown Traverse City. Get a quick bite of Chinese food at Golden Chopsticks or, if you have a taste for Italian, go to Trattoria Stella. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Boarders Inn and Suites of Traverse City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 - Traverse City Hotel Traverse City
- Super Eight Traverse City
- Traverse City Super 8
- Traverse City Super Eight