“Awesome, AGAIN!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 38 hotels in Traverse City
thumb area
“Awesome, AGAIN!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed there Saturday night room 228 . Room spotless ,desk clerk very friendly,beds comfortable,view awesome,and the lounge/restaurant was fantastic! Enjoyed the dj, whom played some of our requests,along with the great drinks.Prime rib was FANTASTIC! Probably the best we've ever had!Bartender and waitress we had were very nice and attentive, couldn't ask for any better! I am a retired restaurant manager , so I know hat it takes to be superb, and that they are here! Cant wait to return!! Thanks!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

124 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We stayed for a weekend while in Traverse to go Christmas shopping and meet up with friends for dinner. The hotel was nice and clean. I would not recommend their breakfast buffet - it was not very good for the price.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Williamsburg, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Parkshore Resort for Super Bowl Sunday we had a blast. The Pub is a nice suprise plenty of TVs for the game great Happy Hour and the food was wonderful and a good varity. The sevice was very good and the veiw of Grand traverse Bay was awsome. The room was really nice with a balcony and very clean.The pool area was also very clean and inviting we would stay at this Hotel again,also it was a very good rate!

Room Tip: Get a Bay veiw
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Petoskey, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We've stayed here many times ranging from the 2room suite with balcony over the water to looking at the campground. The furniture is worn but still comfy, maybe put a towel down first? We've always ate in the lounge. Both recently and this past fall the food was down right awful breakfast and dinner.

The wait/bar staff is more concerned about taking "selfies" vs asking why only one bite was taken from the sandwich. At breakfast I watched the cook come out from the kitchen to the buffet and grab a piece of bacon, touch his mouth and then do it again. The waitress at breakfast was inconvenienced when I asked for more water. She pointed to the pitcher near buffet table for me to refill. I politely explained that is empty I already checked. She filled the water, came to my table told me the pitcher was filled and I could go get my water.

For all of those reasons we won't be eating at the hotel which unfortunately makes the hotel less desirable to return and stay in the future.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

When you walk in the lobby - there is a musty smell. When I got to my room immediately I smelled cigarette smoke. I returned to the lobby to request another room. The attendant told me that all the rooms are non-smoking. I told her that I understand but....the room I was assigned was full of cigarette smoke. I was in town for a business meeting and I did not want the smell to permeate my clothing.

I was assigned another room. Although there was not a distinct odor of cigarette smoke, there was a clear musty smell. The cloth furniture was stained. I was tired so I just went to bed. The toilet was very difficult to flush. It often took 2-3 times to clear the bowl. The shower/bath had a lot of mold by the ceiling.

I will not stay here again. Hopefully they will renovate since the location on the beach is wonderful.

Room Tip: Check you room first for smell and cleanliness.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ParkShore, Manager at Parkshore Resort, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
The experiences you described are not characteristic of the level of service that we at the ParkShore strive to provide, and we apologize your stay was unsatisfactory. Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review. All of our rooms, as you were told, are indeed non-smoking. Unfortunately, sometimes guests do indeed smoke in a room regardless of this policy. I assure you that we do take immediate action in these cases to resolve these and other maintenance issues as soon as we are made aware of them.

Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed here during a Wine Trail/Leaf Viewing weekend. While the resort was beginning to show a wear & tear it was clean. We weren't in the room that much so it was tolerable. The bed was comfortable and the room adequately furnished. Nothing special. Nothing major wrong. There are nicer places to stay in Traverse City but when considering all the factors it's worth a try.

The breakfast buffet wasn't anything special but the price was right. We didn't eat any other meals there but the menu posted in the elevator seemed reasonable.

The staff was friendly enough but always seemed distracted.

If you haven't been to Traverse City before and don't already have a favorite place to stay give this one a try. You might find that it works for you.

Room Tip: Check the pricing before committing.....even weekends during the off-season the rooms cost more than...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you review and are glad to hear you had a good stay overall. Maintaining clean and comfortable accommodations is important and we will discuss your feedback with our team. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit!

flint, mi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The Parkshore does have that musty smell. Perhaps it is because it is on the water. The beach is beautiful and they have chairs available. There is a lounge, but we did not eat or drink there. We were told about Happy Hour. Parking is adequate and well lit. We stayed in a King room. It had a refridgerator and I always like that in a hotel. The TV was a newer model with a clear picture. Lots of drawers, hangers and lighting. The room appeared clean. The coffee pot had crud and like a furrry thing inside, like it had not been cleaned EVER! Lastly, I always pull the bedding back and kinda sniff the sheets, in a place that is sketchy. And to my surprise there was a plastic cover completely enclosed over the mattress. However the small flimsy ragged out mattress pad was dirty with different colors of long and short hair abundant!!!!!!!!!!! YUCK!!!!!!!!! WE WILL NOT BE BACK,ONLY STAYED THE ONE NIGHT, the sheets appeared clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We sincerely apologize that your stay was not satisfactory. We keep our housekeeping to the highest standards, and you can be assured that these issues have been addressed with our team and corrected. We hope you will return to experience the many enhancements we have made.

Thank you for taking the time to review our property,
Management

Been to Parkshore Resort? Share your experiences!