“Nice View” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 38 hotels in Traverse City
Farmington Hills, Michigan
“Nice View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We picked the Parkshore for the price and the view, both were great. Even in the winter there is a nice view of the bay. The best part is the breakfast, at $5.95 it is the best bargain in town. We would definitively go back again, even in the summer :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Clinton Township, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

they have all the amenities you could need, parasailing, paddle boats, etc! the resturaunt is an added bonus, you dont have to leave for cocktails or food! the rooms are great and the view of the east bay is spectacular!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Clarklake, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night on a business trip and was extremely pleased. The gentleman at check-in was charming, polite and helpful. I had a question about areas with running trails and he directed me to a couple of options. The room was large, clean and comfortable. I found the bed to be extremely comfortable although a few of my colleagues found them to be a little too firm. The attached restaurant also had great service and excellent food. I also hit up the restaurant for breakfast the next morning and the buffet was more than worth the few bucks they charge.

The only slight complaint I have is that the sliding doors in the rooms let quite a bit of noise through and so I could definitely hear the traffic throughout the night but a little background noise isn't the end of the world for me.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel. It isn't directly in the center of things but it's only a few minutes drive to the center of downtown. The stretch of beach the hotel is located on is gorgeous and the service was impeccable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Grand Blanc, Michigan, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My wife and I were married in Traverse City September of 2012 at a beautiful beach ceremony. We spent a few months planning the wedding and everything turned out better than expected. As for planning the wedding we had the expected the normal issues that you hear about during a wedding. Overall, every company that we dealt with from restaurant to florist was very accommodating and helpful.

As for the hotel, we stopped into Parkshore a couple months in advance while checking out some of the hotels in the area. The rooms at Parkshore were nice, the hotel was in a good location, the hotel had a number of rooms available and the price was within range. We worked with Dustin from the front desk and he was very helpful with booking rooms, getting us pricing and helping us assign the rooms. During the initial visit with Parkshore, Dustin directed us to Fawn, the Hotel’s manager and wedding coordinator

It took multiple attempts in order to contact Fawn. We left numerous messages at the front desk, on voicemail and email. When Fawn did return our call she was polite but not very helpful. We explained that we were planning a beach wedding and would like to use the beach at the hotel and possibly have the dinner at the hotel. It took more than a week just to find out that we “might” be able to use the beach for the wedding and that she would send us a catering menu via email. A week later, we tried to contact Fawn again about the catering menu that we had not received. Another week later we got the menu and when we called back to work out the catering details, Fawn remembered that another wedding (possibly two) were scheduled on the same weekend. It became apparently clear that Fawn was not customer focused, organized or even remotely interested in having us use their facilities. However, at the point that we fully realized this, it was to late to book rooms at another hotel.

Long story short, if your planning a wedding or other event in Traverse City, Parkshore is a great place to stay but be careful about putting all your eggs in one basket. In retrospect our event turned out great but we used a different restaurant and a different beach site for the wedding and pictures.

Room Tip: The hotel services were great besides the wedding planning portion.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ParkShore, Wedding Coordinator, Group Sales Manager at Parkshore Resort, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
I would like to take a moment to respond to this review. This is Fawn Punturo and I have been the wedding liaison for the ParkShore Resort since the first event was hosted 7 years ago. To date we have hosted over 175 events and I have addressed each of these with the care and attention of the very first one. In addition to enjoying the services we provide I realize the importance of every detail to my guests. I was very disturbed to read this review and I thought it deserved a detailed response. I do remember this situation very clearly and I must also state, very differently. These guests booked rooms at our resort without my knowledge or involvement before any wedding dates were discussed. Whenever I am not on site, I have a voicemail message stating that I could be reached via email. I did indeed receive an email asking for information on our weddings. As with all inquiries, I sent out wedding pricing and details that were requested, but no dates were specified. In the following weeks, a specific date desired was shared with me. I checked my calendar and informed the couple that these dates were not available due to events previously scheduled. This couple was very upset because they had already booked rooms with us before checking to see if the wedding date was indeed open. At this point they did not ask for my assistance any further and planned their events without my knowledge. Many hours, phone conversations and sometimes hundreds of emails go into each wedding and I love every minute of it. It is always so rewarding to have our wedding couples come back year after year to celebrate anniversaries, introduce us to their new babies and just stop by and say hello. I am sorry for this situation and I wish I could have been more helpful but I simply was not included in the decision chain soon enough to avoid the consequences.
Holland, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We had not stayed at the Parkshore before but we will definitely stay again. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the view was great. I liked being on an upper floor. It is great to have a bar/restaurant right on site. Everything we asked for was brought to us right away and the staff was pleasant. Reasonable prices, great view, good place to stay when we are in Traverse!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ParkShore, Manager at Parkshore Resort, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for your review. The views of East Bay from the beachfront balconies are breathtaking, aren't they? We are glad that your stay was comfortable and pleasant and you were able to enjoy our Restaurant and Lounge. We look forward to your next stay with us.
ALLEN PARK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed sept 28 2012 to sept 30. 2012, we had an excellant time, our room was very clean, and comfortable. Any thing we asked for they helped us with like we asked for extra pillows they brought us two. We stayed in the first floor king size bed it was very comfortable must have been fairly new, the pillows could have been a little softer, but I think that is me more than the hotel. I would highly recommend staying here, can not wait to book another trip there. If you do stay here make sure you try out the jolly pumpkin for dinner and drinks, it was AMAZING and the staff was great. Thanks Park Shore Resort to making our weekend Fantastik!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ParkShore, Manager at Parkshore Resort, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you, Andrea! We pride ourselves in our customer service. I am glad to hear that your needs were met efficiently by our staff. We appreciate your positive feedback.
Westland, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights for our honeymoon. Everyone was so nice and accomaded our every need. Our room was on the first floor and over looked the bay. The bed was the best bed we cold ever ask for. We sleep so well. It was a great room with great view.We actually only booked at this hotel because it had a lounge in the hotel so that we wouldn't have to go out for drinks. When we go back to Traverse City we will be booking at this hotel again!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ParkShore, General Manager at Parkshore Resort, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review about our resort. Our first floor rooms with the walk out patios and views can make anyone's stay enjoyable. All of our rooms have new matressess to help make for a restful night of sleep. We are looking forward to see you on your next visit.

Been to Parkshore Resort? Share your experiences!