“Great location and great service.” 5 of 5 stars

Parkshore Resort
1401 US 31 N, Traverse City, MI 49686   |
Ranked #33 of 38 hotels in Traverse City
Clarklake, Michigan
“Great location and great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night on a business trip and was extremely pleased. The gentleman at check-in was charming, polite and helpful. I had a question about areas with running trails and he directed me to a couple of options. The room was large, clean and comfortable. I found the bed to be extremely comfortable although a few of my colleagues found them to be a little too firm. The attached restaurant also had great service and excellent food. I also hit up the restaurant for breakfast the next morning and the buffet was more than worth the few bucks they charge.

The only slight complaint I have is that the sliding doors in the rooms let quite a bit of noise through and so I could definitely hear the traffic throughout the night but a little background noise isn't the end of the world for me.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel. It isn't directly in the center of things but it's only a few minutes drive to the center of downtown. The stretch of beach the hotel is located on is gorgeous and the service was impeccable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

124 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Grand Blanc, Michigan, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My wife and I were married in Traverse City September of 2012 at a beautiful beach ceremony. We spent a few months planning the wedding and everything turned out better than expected. As for planning the wedding we had the expected the normal issues that you hear about during a wedding. Overall, every company that we dealt with from restaurant to florist was very accommodating and helpful.

As for the hotel, we stopped into Parkshore a couple months in advance while checking out some of the hotels in the area. The rooms at Parkshore were nice, the hotel was in a good location, the hotel had a number of rooms available and the price was within range. We worked with Dustin from the front desk and he was very helpful with booking rooms, getting us pricing and helping us assign the rooms. During the initial visit with Parkshore, Dustin directed us to Fawn, the Hotel’s manager and wedding coordinator

It took multiple attempts in order to contact Fawn. We left numerous messages at the front desk, on voicemail and email. When Fawn did return our call she was polite but not very helpful. We explained that we were planning a beach wedding and would like to use the beach at the hotel and possibly have the dinner at the hotel. It took more than a week just to find out that we “might” be able to use the beach for the wedding and that she would send us a catering menu via email. A week later, we tried to contact Fawn again about the catering menu that we had not received. Another week later we got the menu and when we called back to work out the catering details, Fawn remembered that another wedding (possibly two) were scheduled on the same weekend. It became apparently clear that Fawn was not customer focused, organized or even remotely interested in having us use their facilities. However, at the point that we fully realized this, it was to late to book rooms at another hotel.

Long story short, if your planning a wedding or other event in Traverse City, Parkshore is a great place to stay but be careful about putting all your eggs in one basket. In retrospect our event turned out great but we used a different restaurant and a different beach site for the wedding and pictures.

Room Tip: The hotel services were great besides the wedding planning portion.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ParkShore, Wedding Coordinator, Group Sales Manager at Parkshore Resort, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
I would like to take a moment to respond to this review. This is Fawn Punturo and I have been the wedding liaison for the ParkShore Resort since the first event was hosted 7 years ago. To date we have hosted over 175 events and I have addressed each of these with the care and attention of the very first one. In addition to enjoying the services we provide I realize the importance of every detail to my guests. I was very disturbed to read this review and I thought it deserved a detailed response. I do remember this situation very clearly and I must also state, very differently. These guests booked rooms at our resort without my knowledge or involvement before any wedding dates were discussed. Whenever I am not on site, I have a voicemail message stating that I could be reached via email. I did indeed receive an email asking for information on our weddings. As with all inquiries, I sent out wedding pricing and details that were requested, but no dates were specified. In the following weeks, a specific date desired was shared with me. I checked my calendar and informed the couple that these dates were not available due to events previously scheduled. This couple was very upset because they had already booked rooms with us before checking to see if the wedding date was indeed open. At this point they did not ask for my assistance any further and planned their events without my knowledge. Many hours, phone conversations and sometimes hundreds of emails go into each wedding and I love every minute of it. It is always so rewarding to have our wedding couples come back year after year to celebrate anniversaries, introduce us to their new babies and just stop by and say hello. I am sorry for this situation and I wish I could have been more helpful but I simply was not included in the decision chain soon enough to avoid the consequences.
Holland, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We had not stayed at the Parkshore before but we will definitely stay again. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the view was great. I liked being on an upper floor. It is great to have a bar/restaurant right on site. Everything we asked for was brought to us right away and the staff was pleasant. Reasonable prices, great view, good place to stay when we are in Traverse!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ParkShore, Manager at Parkshore Resort, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for your review. The views of East Bay from the beachfront balconies are breathtaking, aren't they? We are glad that your stay was comfortable and pleasant and you were able to enjoy our Restaurant and Lounge. We look forward to your next stay with us.
ALLEN PARK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed sept 28 2012 to sept 30. 2012, we had an excellant time, our room was very clean, and comfortable. Any thing we asked for they helped us with like we asked for extra pillows they brought us two. We stayed in the first floor king size bed it was very comfortable must have been fairly new, the pillows could have been a little softer, but I think that is me more than the hotel. I would highly recommend staying here, can not wait to book another trip there. If you do stay here make sure you try out the jolly pumpkin for dinner and drinks, it was AMAZING and the staff was great. Thanks Park Shore Resort to making our weekend Fantastik!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ParkShore, Manager at Parkshore Resort, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you, Andrea! We pride ourselves in our customer service. I am glad to hear that your needs were met efficiently by our staff. We appreciate your positive feedback.
Westland, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights for our honeymoon. Everyone was so nice and accomaded our every need. Our room was on the first floor and over looked the bay. The bed was the best bed we cold ever ask for. We sleep so well. It was a great room with great view.We actually only booked at this hotel because it had a lounge in the hotel so that we wouldn't have to go out for drinks. When we go back to Traverse City we will be booking at this hotel again!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ParkShore, General Manager at Parkshore Resort, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review about our resort. Our first floor rooms with the walk out patios and views can make anyone's stay enjoyable. All of our rooms have new matressess to help make for a restful night of sleep. We are looking forward to see you on your next visit.
Redwood City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights. The room is clean and spacious. On the day we arrived at Traverse City, we did not book any room in advance, when we called hotels nearby in Traverse City, most were fully booked or over $100 per night. It was wonderful to find this hotel, paid less than 80 per night as we do not need a Bay view. Staff at front desk is efficient and friendly. Overall, a wonderful stay, highly recommmended.

Room Tip: If you do not need water view, pick an inside/street view room to save money.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ParkShore, Manager at Parkshore Resort, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the cleanliness and size of your room. We appreciate the feedback regarding the friendliness and efficiency of the staff as well. We hope that you come back and stay with us the next time you are in town.
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

The hotel location is great and it is right on the beach with most of the rooms having a small balcony or a rather good size patio. This could be a nice place but it is very run down and a tad dirty. We paid $269 per night on the weekend and the table was falling apart, screen door hard to open and shut, and the carpet appeared dirty. They offer only a buffet for breakfast for $6 but it was virtually inedible so we never tried the restaurant again. I believe they served the left over twice baked potatoes from the night before along with what was the worst tasting bacon I have ever tasted. We just got the feeling throughout the entire stay that they just don't care enough to try to make this a nice place. Many better choices in Traverse City

Room Tip: If you like to keep the doorwall open while you sleep the first floor is not for you but we liked it...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent review. We are very sorry to hear that you experienced maintenance and cleanliness issues during your last stay. We do take pride in our property and have a strict schedule of deep cleaning our rooms on a regular basis, removing furniture, steam cleaning carpets, going through maintenance checklists, etc. We assure you that these issues are taken care of immediately upon notification when not prevented by our regular checks. Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention.

We are sorry that you did not enjoy our $5.95 hot breakfast buffet. We try to offer options to please everyone, including coffee, juice, waffles, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, sausage, bacon, fruit, breads, etc. We will continue to offer other changing items daily and always appreciate the input.

We are glad you were able to enjoy the location and wonderful bay view from your beachfront room.

Been to Parkshore Resort? Share your experiences!