“Nice room for the price” 3 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Traverse City
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1582 US 31 North, Hwy 31, Traverse City, MI 49686   |
Ranked #29 of 39 Hotels in Traverse City
Niles, Michigan
“Nice room for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Very nice room for the price. Nothing fancy.....no shampoo or hairdryer, but just the basics. it doesn't feel real homey with no carpet, but I like the idea of the wood floors instead of walking on dirty carpet. Seems there are lots of construction workers staying here during the week. We had a guy pounding on the door next to us to tell his friend to meet him downstairs and it must have been 5 am or some crazy hour like that. Walls are thin of course and you could hear lots of traffic noise too staying in the front of the hotel anyway.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Iola, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We traveled the UP and down part of lower Michigan. Our stay at Motel 6 in TC was the best hotel room on the whole trip. It was very clean. I liked the wood floors instead of the usual dirty carpet that most motels have. No continental breakfast, but the coffee pot was in the lobby, and that was all I needed. The staff was great. They gave us a good recommendation for a place for supper. Thanks Motel 6

Room Tip: Use the back door (south entrance), not the front door, its the closest to the parking lot.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Brighton, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Pulled into parking lot & hotel next door looked even cheaper than ours (didn't feel like Traverse City) BUT for $46 a night, it was just what we wanted: inexpensive one night stay in TC. HUGE plus: TART trail to ride into downtown right in back of hotel. Room was large, so wishother would have had a bigger bed in it. Liked no carpet (since carpet in cheaper hotel rooms often shows signs of unpleasant wear), but there were some creaky spots in the artificial wood floor. Good sized bathroom, but no shower light or bathroom fan. Noted dust bunnies in far corner under sink. Others mentioned smell: I saw that it was pet friendly hotel, so requested room that did not have pets, so our room had no odor. Only 2 bath towels & 2 pillows & no shampoo, conditioner
or hair dryer provided. However, I did request 2 more pillows & they gladly complied...I'm sure they would provide something if needed, just not given, which I am all for as I am sure it helps
keep their costs down to be able to provide less expensive rooms. Yes, I have had camping cabins nicer than this room, but I have also payed twice as much for some of them.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Royal Oak, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Well we just checked in after a long drive and completely exhausted. The first thing that hit us when we opened the door was the incredible smell of wet dog or something... The dog hair on the sheets was pretty disgusting and made me wonder if they were even washed. The urine on the floor by the toilet was a nice touch too. We asked for a new room but since there are soccer tournaments all weekend the hotel was fully checked in. I just got back from Vegas and my son has to be up at 6am for a game so we just kept the room.

I was shocked since some of the reviews rated it high. This is the nastiest room I have ever stayed in since college. It is also the poorest rating I have ever given a hotel and I travel quite a bit. I shall avoid Motel 6 locations in the future. If you do stay here bring ear plugs, the walls are paper thin.

• Stayed September 2013
Motel6, Owner at Motel 6 Traverse City, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear crazyjack555,
We sincerely apologize for the cleanliness and odor issues you encountered during your recent stay. These conditions are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us; please consider contacting our guest relations department to report your experience so we may serve you better in the future: 1-800-557-3435.
Merced, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Clean rooms and pet friendly with no dog smell. Would stay again. Not much amenities but all we wanted to do is spend the nite. Close to town. Staff very pleasant. A good deal for the price when you look around here and see the prices.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This location of Motel 6 is cleanand modern. Staff were friendly. Prices were very reasonable with seniors' rates. Dogs were free and welcome. Easy parking, great TV cable service, free coffee in lobby all the time, close to restaurants. What more could anyone want?

Okemos, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We originally wanted to be on the beach right in the heart of TC however, since that added an addition $150 to almost every other hotel we ended up at this Motel 6. Granted, it is beach adjacent and a little off the main drag but it was still very nice. The bed and linens were comfy and clean. I’m also am a little paranoid so I double checked both of the mattresses in the room and the sheets, both of which were clear of bed bugs. The mattresses looked nice and new but, the mattress pad looked a little worn. I think if this hotel could afford a remodel it would be amazing. The rooms were a nice bright color but, the bathroom was a little lacking. It got a little noisy in the hallway during the night but, it settled down quick enough but, the security door near room 106 didn’t seem that secure. The outlet cover underneath the bedside table was missing a cover, I know this would be easy to miss by housekeeping but it seems like a pretty easy and necessary fix. The man working the night shift when we arrived was very nice and knowledgeable about where to eat and what to do, he even helped open my bottle of wine :-)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Traverse City? Share your experiences!