“Great location!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Traverse City
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We stayed here for one night following a concert at Interlochen. It's only 11 miles away and very easy to get to. Close to about anything you would want: mall, restaurants, Traverse City, etc. The staff was very friendly from check in to check out. Our room was very spacious, clean and either very new or newly updated. There is a small refrigerator in the room also, which is handy. There is a Starbucks on location, also a small bar and a small restaurant. We ate breakfast there and was pleasantly surprised in the quality of the food. I am staying here again in August and am looking forward to my return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Bryan M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Traverse City, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Hello and thank you for your kind words. Our location is perfect for a concert at Interlochen. We are very lucky to have the facility in our community. I will share your favorable experience with the Bistro staff. I am proud to mention that this hotel is currently ranked #78 out of 886 other Courtyard's for YTD Overall Guest Satisfaction.

I look forward to seeing you again in August.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Our stay at this hotel was a joy from the moment we walked in the door.All of the employees were friendly and helpfu.They told us the best places to eat and shop.The room was comfortable and very clean, along with the rest of the hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the Traverse City area.

• Stayed June 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Courtyard. I will share your nice comments with our staff. I pride myself on hiring the right staff that honestly enjoy helping people in any way possible. Due to our great staff this hotel is currently ranked in the top .07% of the Courtyard brand in Guest Satisfaction. I hope you will be returning to Traverse City soon and will stay with us again.

Bryan
Lansing, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I cannot remember the last time I've stayed in a hotel that didn't offer free breakfast of some sort (unless it was a Motel 6). After paying $135/night to stay in a property that's not even close to the town's main activities (unless you're there for mall shopping), I was disappointed to find that we had to pay for breakfast. I guess I've become accustomed to being able to pick up a quick bite in the morning before starting the day, and it was always included as part of the charge to stay there for the night. This was some obvious cost-cutting.

If it wasn't for that little surprise, the hotel would get 5 stars from me. The property is newer and is kept modern-looking and clean. We loved the fire pit outside and the touchscreen information board in the lobby. Our room was large and comfortable. The place stayed quiet at night so we slept well. The staff was helpful with answers to questions and pretty friendly. I've never had a problem being comfortable at a Marriott property, and this was no exception.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Bryan M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Traverse City, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Hello and thank you for your recent stay at the Courtyard in Traverse City.

I am glad you liked to new modern Courtyard look. I am happy that you found the hotel clean and comfortable.

The Courtyard brand began over 30 years ago. The business model for the brand has been to have a fresh made to order breakfast available at a cost. We also offer dinner, a full bar and a Starbucks outlet. There are 886 Courtyard's in the United States and all of them offer a breakfast for purchase.

I do hope the next time you are in Traverse City you will stay with us again.
Flushing, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

First time to this hotel. The hotel is mind-blowingly beautiful. The entire staff from housekeeping, bistro, front desk, maintenance, and management all were very attentive and quick to offer local suggestions for things to do, things to see, and where to eat. One of the best customer service experiences I have ever received from hotel staff. We liked the hotel not being too close to the lake (only 10 minutes.) It made traffic a lot easier to handle and the prices of the room were lower because we weren't stuck in the main tourist area. I will definitely be back!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

First time staying here. Good location although to it is a ten minute drive to the lake and downtown. Very quiet location. Close by Terra Firma brewery which was excellent. Extremely clean hotel with nice exercise room. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Stayed April 2014
Bryan M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Traverse City, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Hello Mike,
Thanks for your recent stay and nice comments, I will share with our staff.
Most of our guest feel that our location is perfect. We are a short drive to downtown but have shopping and restaurants with in walking distance of the hotel. It is much easier turning out of our driveway then some of the other hotels on busy US.31.
Terra Firma is one of the newest craft breweries in town and we are lucky to have them as neighbors.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Great hotel, very clean, very attentive staff. The only downside is that it is not very close to downtown Traverse City. Great place for business travelers. Ok for families. Best chain hotel in the Traverse area.

• Stayed January 2014
Bryan M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Traverse City, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay and kind words, I will share with our staff. This hotel is currently ranked in the top .02% of the Courtyard brand in Overall Guest Satisfaction. We hope you be be returning to Traverse City and our hotel soon.
Lake Orion, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Very nice room, the coverlet was white and pristine. Numerous pillows are on each bed and I quickly found which one I like to sleep on. Slept very well and I am used to a sleep number bed. For breakfast I had a large Starbucks coffee and two scrambled eggs for under 5 dollars.

Room Tip: There is a small pool on main floor and there were children enjoying it. In the room the desk had a...