“Awesome Food - Great Staff !!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #62 of 255 Restaurants in Traverse City
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Awesome Food - Great Staff !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We had a beach wedding (we're from out of town), and made prior arrangements by phone to have our after wedding dinner party here. We had 25 family members coming, and they set up a wonderful setting for us. We supplied the flowers and cake, and they made it seem just like an expensive reception for us. Mary Ann and Brittany were our servers, and they were GREAT!!
Even though the ambiance of the evening was prevalent, the FOOD WAS THE WINNER!!!!!
Everyone felt like it was one of the best meals that they had ever had, and everyone of the group goes out to eat a bit. The steaks were cooked perfectly, the seafood was fresh - the bacon/shrimp appetizer was "stupid good," as one of the group said.

It was a fabulous experience for all of us, and we will definitely return and our thanks to Glenn for all of his help.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Michigan
“Nice view.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

After getting discouraged by a nearby eatery's 75-minute predicted wait time (on a Wednesday night no less!), the misses and I were pleased to score an immediate water view table at this pleasant stop. Thoroughly enjoyed the whitefish pate appetizer and, though the bacon-wrapped shrimp was good, it wouldn't be ordered again due to price/value. Both of us ordered a whitefish entrée, each prepared differently and were delicious. As an aside, though not noted on the menu, both were served over a sweet potato mash, of which only one of was pleased. The wife's cucumber martini was splendid as were my glasses of a local pinot grigio. Both server trainer Floyd and trainee Kate were attentive and accurate. Overall a very pleasant experience, just hope that their minimal clientele doesn't bode poorly for the future.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Michigan
“Oh so close”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Remolded from previous owner and we found it to be pleasant inside. Unfortunately it was not very crowded which led us to be concerned. Waiter was nice but did not frequent the table very much and he only had a few other tables to manage do to the sparse crowd.

I ordered the steak based on the recommendation of the waiter on their 40 day aging process. Presentation was excellent but the meal was at best warm when served. I didn't find the steak as impressive as the waiter led me to believe. I would have given higher grades had the meal hit the mark.
Son and wife found their meals to be pleasant but after eating at several other TC restaurants during this visit we rated it average as it is not inexpensive to go here.
We did order the cherry crisp dessert and that was excellent, to the bad the actual dinner was not.

Niagara Falls, Canada
“Superb Cuisine Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We were meeting some old friends in Traverse City and someone suggested Harringtons by the Bay. I remembered this restaurant location under a different name year earlier when I lived in Traverse City.. I was concerned. Upon entering, my concerns were immediately put aside by the very attentive manager who seated us. The manager continued to come back and check on us throughout the evening. Nice touch! My wife ordered a New York Strip. Perfection! It virtually melted like butter. I ordered several starters including the Smoked Whitefish Paté. (I'm not a fresh water fish fan but this was GOOD!) I also ordered the very unique Lettuce Wraps. Everyone agreed that they were delicious. I also ordered the Prime Rib Dip. Excellent as well...and of course the manager checked again to be sure we were pleased. All in all, a superb night with great friends and great food.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle
“good fish with a view restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We could not get reservations at more highly rated places in Traverse City at the height of the summer season. We very much enjoyed this large place by Grand Traverse Bay on M31 at the edge of town. The fish was quite good, the view was fun and close to the Bay, and the ambience was pleasing. Lots of families. I would recommend not sitting by the door to outdoor dining, even though the view is good. Constant coming and going.