“You don't have to be a 'Foodie' to have a great time” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #33 of 77 Activities in Traverse City
White Lake, Michigan, United States
“You don't have to be a 'Foodie' to have a great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Of course, at least LIKING food helps! Lysa was great, personable and knowledgeable without being condescending. The shop owners were so helpful, answering my husband's dozens of questions (He is an engineer and always wants to know more). In the stores where the owners were a bit too busy to talk to us, Lysa knows as much or more than they do. We were amazed at just how fabulous vinegar could be in a shop we literary walked by several times the day before! So for those that commented that they could have done this themselves, I disagree- Lysa has put the leg work in for find all these special spots with special people and their stories for you to enjoy. Even in 95 degree heat we had a blast. It was well worth every dollar.

Visited July 2012

Sterling Hts
7 attraction reviews
“Save your money.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Save your money... Everything could have done myself, what else could I say..... Not impressed....

Visited June 2012
Tucson, Arizona
“Great city - and this tour is a fabulous way to see it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

I had never been to Traverse City prior to my Tasty Morsels tour - stupid since I lived in Michigan for 30 years, right? I took a full-day tour last summer and LOVED it! I know I would have never found all these interesting places to visit on my own, and really enjoyed hearing the owners of some of the establishments talk about what they do and how they do it. It was great to hear about the passion that drives these small business owners! The samples were awesome, and we stopped for lunch at a LOVELY place to eat right on the water (wish I could remember what it was called). Lysa, our tour guide, was very flexible to our needs and though we sort of maintained a schedule we were able to linger for a while at some of the stops. She is such an outgoing and fun person, we couldn't help but have a good time! I highly recommend this tour, even if you're familiar with TC you will probably learn plenty you didn't know about the town in the process!

Visited July 2011
Traverse City, Michigan
“Great for locals and visitors alike!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

I currently live in Traverse City but had some friends in town from out of state. It was pretty chilly but it was really fun! It was great to have someone else do the talking because I am not very informed about the area shops exc. We loved talking to the owners!!!!!! It's that I can suggest places for people to visit when they are in the area now. Thanks Lysa!

Visited January 2012
Sault Ste Marie, Michigan
“Don't waste your time and money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

Our tour was extremely disappointing. We did the walking tour. It wasn't at all what we expected. Instead of visiting places and trying their products, we went to a traverse city based chain that is all over michigan, a local market, an oil and vinegar store, a chocolate shop, cherry store and a brewery. Our guide had less personality then the sidewalk we were walking on. Nothing on the tour couldn't be done yourself. The chocolate shop offered no samples, the guide simply paid the brewery for the samples. Save yourself the money, stop at the City Center place and get the foody brochure - you'll have a better time for way less money.

Visited December 2011
yum-e-gal, Owner at Tasty Morsel Culinary Excursions, responded to this review, December 30, 2011
Mike,
I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your tour. Most people find visiting all these stops, speaking to people who own the stores and make the products and learning the history of the businesses to be very interesting. And there's always something to taste at every stop. We strive to provide both information and samples that our customers will love. Please contact me at lysa@tastymorseltours and give us a chance to make it up to you. Perhaps, taking you on a route where there are more stops that cater to your specific taste.