“awesome atmosphere, good wine, very friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

806 Red Drive, Traverse City, MI 49684
231.995.0500
Website
Improve this listing
“awesome atmosphere, good wine, very friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I have been here twice and both times I really enjoyed it. The first time they had these yummy little scooby snacks you could have between wines, the second time they didn't have them... but it looks like they started offering small plates. Either way, staff was very nice both times, I enjoyed coming in the winter in the daytime when there were less people and more chance to chat with the staff. Beautiful inside and awesome bar set up for tasting. Wine was a bit on the expensive side, but I did enjoy almost all of them that I tried.

Visited January 2013

ontario
“good wine nice staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

we stopped in here on a whim after going through some shops nearby. it was only 5$ for a fun tasting experience with a couple of extra tastes. The girl who served us was informed and interesting even though they were quite busy. I thought she was good at her job and then even more so when another random staff poured me the next on one my list as she was rushing by - she didn't explain what I was about to taste. There was a party on our right that tried the Cinnamon Girl cider and were laughing about how bad it tasted - then a few moments later a gentleman came up on our left and refilled two large bottles (growlers they call them) of the very same thing - which made us ask him about it, our girl overheard us and asked if we wanted to try some, we did and loved it and as a result bought some.

Visited October 2013
Menasha, Wisconsin
31 attraction reviews
“Nice spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The dry Riesling was the best of the wine we tasted. The hard cider was also excellent.
Nice outdoor seating.

Visited October 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Good place if you get there at least a half hour before they close”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Left Foot Charley is a good spot. If you get there within a half hour of closing they do NOT do tastings unless the manager is there. We walked in 20 minutes before closing and were told we could not do a tasting. Ten minutes later another couple came in and the bartender said they couldn't do a tasting as they close in ten minutes, but the manager,I'm assuming said they could do a tasting, and they did. We although were out of luck. We finished our glasses of wine and left, without buying anything else.

Visited September 2013
Canton, Michigan
6 attraction reviews
“Not Impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

LFC should consider their wine tasting fee to other venues in the area. Not only that we did not find the person serving very attentive. The atmosphere and facility are nice and it seemed more suited to the after work crowd.

Visited September 2013