“Clean and dry” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 41 Hotels in Traverse City
Oregon
“Clean and dry”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We selected this little motel based on reviews. We were not that impressed. It was clean, but that was about it. I went to the office about 7:30 pm to ask for another pillow (only two flat ones were provided). I had to ring the bell and wait about 10 minutes (I could hear the TV in the attached living area) before someone showed up to see what I wanted. The room and furniture was old and worn. No continental breakfast (the office was dark when we left at about 7:30 am). The price was reasonable, but after looking at some of the other nearby hotels/motels I think we could've gotten a more modern accomodation with a breakfast for the same or near the same price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

if you're a road warrior you have to suffer the indifferent front desk slug at the chain hotels. not so at the sierra. connie and her family look after your needs and comfort. the place is spotless inside and out, good wifi and amenities. cozy would be the word. thanks connie, we'll be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I cannot wait for my next stay at Sierra. I looked at 7 places and what immediately impressed me was the friendly smiles from owner Connie and her son Hugo. My mouth just dropped open when I opened the door of my room as it was so clean I was afraid to step in :-) I liked that it is small as there was biker festival and I did not want to stay at bigger motel,/inns.Connie and Hugo were so accommodating and allowed me to check in early and Connie even called me to tell me room was ready. I cannot say enough . Only minor suggestions are to have do not disturb door sign and would trade my reclinerfor small round table and chairs to have my meals. Just adore this gem on the strip! London Tourist

• Stayed September 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Overall, great stay for multiple nights we were here. On Saturday night,windows open,nice summer breeze,quite,sleeping beautifully...then... from 2:30 am til 4:45am, son of owners or relative, living there, was sitting on chair in front garage has friends over, smoking,laughing, more drama than I can to know....since in upstairs room, they had no consideration for partons. Other nights restful sleep.

• Stayed August 2012
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Family-owned motel knows the meaning of old-fashioned customer service. Rooms were super clean and spacious - a good value for the area. The owner Connie went out of here way to accomodate guests staying there for 2 nights while participating in the week long League of Michigan Bicyclists Shorelne Bike tour including free use of the laundry facilities. We will definetly stay here again and can recommend the motel to other budget minded travelers.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
North Canton, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We recently stayed at the Sierra for two nights...it was very clean, comfortable, and easy access to Traverse City. We would definitely recommend this to others and also stay there again....the owners were very helpful in answering any questions we had....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

woww.. I was pleasantly surprised! Great value for the price. The room was excellently equipped with furnishings that were comfortable and newish and, microwave and refrigerator which is always a pleasure to have. They had a king sleep number bed with sanitized controls :0. The beds are new and very comfortable so the pillows, :) and the lighting isn't stark white as in some hotels. You feel like it's home.
I did not find the sleep number bed particularly comfortable but again I am really impressed with the cutting edge offering. There was ample parking right in front of the rooms!
Breakfast is a treat as it has everything you could want. That was soooooo nice! I rarely sleep well in a hotel and I slept pretty darned good! I loved that we got a free wi-fi and free breakfast as well. The room amenities is recently updated it. The Owners are very helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again. I think it is very much a 3 star hotel for the "Price" but 5 star for accommodations and outstanding customer service. I am very picky about hotels and was not disappointed at all in this one. I have this hotel saved for future stays. This was an awesome value And for the price we paid, it was much better than expected!

Thanks Connie and Slim to make this Motel as our second home ;-)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family