“It is cheesecake....” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Dessert, Bakeries
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Dessert Boutique and Savory Cafe ; In the Grand Traverse Commons.
Pendleton
“It is cheesecake....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

A little hard to find because they were trying to line to road nearby and it was beginning to rain. I had expected it to be in the main building with more of the other shops. We ordered a total of 3 slices, Turtle (very good), mint chocolate chip (10 year old enjoyed it, for cheesecake) & triple chocolate (maybe too much of a good thing). Counter staff, very friendly & also made us aware of lunch specials. We would recommend if you like cheesecake & variety.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Holton, Michigan
“Should have stuck with cheesecake”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

If you love cheesecake, this establishment has a lot to offer, with flavor combinations that really excite. And since all are available by the single slice ($4.50), you can test more than one. Alas, we passed on the cheesecake, looking for something lighter, and settled on the Hazelnut Genoise: a little mound of cake, hazelnut and frosting. We both felt it was dry, too sweet, and didn't live up to its appearance. Next time, I'm trying the Vermont Maple cheesecake, or the Pomegranage, or.... it will be tough to decide.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Germantown, Wisconsin
“Good sandwiches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

We ate lunch here while shopping at the Village of Traverse City. The Village is a very interesting place, a former mental hospital with beautiful building and grounds being rehabbed into shops and businesses. The Underground Cheesecake factory is not actually underground but in a small free standing apart from the main Villages buildings. It was a nice day so we sat outside on one of only a couple of small tables. I think they cater to carryout business. You fill out a slip to order your sandwich and there are a couple of specials to chose from. The sandwich was very good. I unfortunately did not try the cheesecake but they looked very good.

• Visited September 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Elk Rapids, Michigan
“Definitely Deserves Its High Ratings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I was in the village with my fiance and we decided to check out this cheesecake place. I had seen their reviews online and had heard that it had been plugged by the food network.

All I can say is wow. The cheesecake was absolutely phenomenal. I had the German chocolate and my fiance had the new york cherry. Both were to die for.

Their other cheesecakes looked amazing too. They didn't just stick to the norm. They even had a pomegranate cheesecake. Yum!

The Underground Cheesecake factory was so good. I just know I'm going to have to come back every time I'm in Traverse City.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Traverse City, Michigan
“Cheesecake on a stick!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

We stopped here for a quick lunch in June. Soup and sandwiches were tasty. We couldn't help but stare at the display case while eating lunch, because of the array of cheesecake varieties and other pastries. Naturally, after finishing lunch we sampled a couple of the mini-cheesecakes and decorated cookies. My favorite was the vanilla cheesecake with fresh fruit on top. The kids loved the cheesecake on a stick. What a great treat!

• Visited June 2011