“It Doesn't Get Much Better” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Traverse City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Traverse City, Michigan
“It Doesn't Get Much Better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I haven't counted, but I must stay here about 40 nights a year. The rooms are clean, the staff is terrific and I know they go out of their way to take care of me. I've stayed at other Cambria Suites and they simply aren't in this league. There's a reason this is the number one Cambria Suites anywhere. Actually, there are several reasons, beginning with Jack, the general manager, Ryan and the other folks on the front desk, Brittany, Ken and the others in the bar and restaurant and van drivers Donn and Rob. Everyone is pleasant, competent and enthusiastic. I know there's a new hotel in coming which will be more conveniently located for my business needs, but I won't consider going anywhere else.

In addition, the restaurant keeps getting better and better, thanks to Scott, who oversees the food services. If you're coming to Traverse City, don't even consider anywhere else. There is no point!

Room Tip: Third floor, the higher the room number, the further from the road.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Jack B, General Manager at Cambria Suites Traverse City, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you for your generous response! We appreciate you as our guest
and will always attempt to go above and beyond to exceed you expectations.
You let us know if we are missing anything and we will make every effort to
do it right.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Came to town with friends for wine tasting. Great rooms and a really fun relaxing lobby with a bar. In house breakfast was excellent. Only wish they had one non-sugar cereal option. Shuttle service to and from town worked great.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Jack B, General Manager at Cambria Suites Traverse City, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you for being our guest over this past weekend, we do appreciate
that you chose to stay with us. Thank you for the advice regarding the sugar
free cereal option, we will look to add a choice.
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I travel extensively for work and stay at many of the major hotel chains in the US. This Cambria Suites is as near to perfect as any hotel I have stayed at..
This modern hotel has an extensive list of facilities, not least the excellent restaurant, very well equipped gym, pool and hot tub. The rooms are very modern and well appointed. Some of my favorite features were the separate bedroom/lounge with flatscreen TVs and connection ports as well as Keurig K-Cup coffee maker.
You can see that the management cares a lot about every little detail, and it's the small details that sometimes make the difference.
I cannot commend the friendly staff highly enough for their excellent customer service.
This hotel is also well located, near town and the airport with shuttle service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Jack B, General Manager at Cambria Suites Traverse City, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel on your recent business trip. I am glad that you
enjoyed the ammenities, guest particularly like our new Keurig coffe makers. They
are new to our guest rooms a couple of weeks ago.
Clare, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

My third stay here and I will of course be back. As always, rooms are very clean and very modern, sleek, not the average hotel room. I love the Reflect lounge (the lobby restaurant/bar) it's such a nice place, very inviting which is not something you usually think of with most hotel lobbies. I love the shuttle, which runs from very early, I think 4 or 5am until midnight. Rob, our driver, is a very polite mild mannered fellow, who really knows his restaurants around town and offers great suggestions and even knows about some up-and-coming eateries. Always enjoy chit chat with him while he drives us around. In-room coffee is just terrible, I brewed mine through twice, and stepped the filter packet in my cup(!) and it was still less desirable than gas station coffee, but the coffee they put out near the breakfast room across from the elevators is very good. One more caveat, I found this to be the case with every visit- there's no exhaust fans in the bathrooms. A normal shower fogs the mirrors up for an hour and there's nothing you can do about it. There appears to be a little vent in the bathroom ceiling but it's nothing you can turn on, and it doesn't cut the mustard. Expect a foggy shower. This, and the fact that you must step into the shower to turn the water on (cold) confuses me in an otherwise state of the art hotel.

Room Tip: Tower suites have a bigger living room area and another window. Thurs nights there's live jazz...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Jack B, General Manager at Cambria Suites Traverse City, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Thank you for your continued patronage of our hotel. Thank's again for all of the comments
and I did want to let you know that we did improve our in room coffee by purchasing all
new Kuerig coffee makers for all of our guest rooms. Our guests really like them.
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

When traveling for business, I tend to stay in my preferred chain of hotels so that I can get my points (I don't have points with this chain of hotels because most of the other brands that associate with aren't great); however, after reading some of this reviews on this hotel I decided to give it a try... and I am glad I did.

The lobby (along with the hotel bar/restaurant) have a great vibe and the hotel staff were very cordial. My room was well appointed, very clean and I was very impressed with the bathroom (which has a open shower and great water pressure). I definitely prefer showers with a glass door over a bathtub with a nasty shower curtain.

The rooms have a sitting area with a sleeper sofa and nice TV hung on the wall and the bedroom area has a very comfortable bed with plenty of pillows and another TV (which I could have done without...). Also, the suite has a Keurig coffee maker, fridge and microwave - which is very convenient.

There were only two issues that I had during my stay: 1) It was freezing cold outside (i.e. January in northern Michigan) and I had some issues with the heater actually getting the room close to 70degrees; and 2) the door to the hallway must be made of tissue paper because you can hear everyone walking down the hall (even from the bed).

Overall, this hotel is a great value, close to downtown and close to the airport.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Jack B, General Manager at Cambria Suites Traverse City, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us in January! We realize there are many options,
I'm glad you gave us a chance. Thank you for your comments and we will take a look
at some of your recommendations regarding the heat thermostat and your being able
to hear guests in the hallway. Thanks again for giving us the opportunity to serve you.
MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

This is a first for me. I have never written a review on T.A. without at least some type of suggestion for improvement but Cambria Suites, you rock! People-do not hesitate to stay here! This place is first rate all the way. Its all in the details and Cambria Suites does it better than all the rest.
This place is "Class" all the way, we very much enjoyed our stay this past weekend. Do not hesitate to eat at the in house restaurant. Our meal was wonderful! The in room coffee was the best we have ever had. The room was spot on perfect! Love all the little things. Staff was welcoming and friendly at every encounter. Love, love, loved our stay & will return in the future.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Jack B, General Manager at Cambria Suites Traverse City, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you for all of the generous comments regarding your visit with us this month.
We do appreciate that you chose to stay with us, you will now have to come back at
a different time of year and really enjoy all that Traverse City has to offer.
Beulah, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stayed at Cambria Suites the night before we TRIED to fly out of Cherry Capital. Of course, this was during the polar vortex beginning week end. We checked in and the airline changed a flight. The shuttle took us to the airport to rebook. We received another airline change and shuttled, once again, back to the airport. We shuttled a third time to rent a vehicle to drive to Chicago since our flight cancelled. We slept soundly in our suite, woke and checked out to begin our drive. The front desk staff and shuttle driver, Scott, were all very helpful and offered us kind words for our travel woes. We have stayed and will stay again at Cambria Suites.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Jack B, General Manager at Cambria Suites Traverse City, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Thank you for being our guest while attempting to fly out of Traverse City recently.
We are sorry the weather was causing you so many delays, but I am happy that we
were able to accomodate you while you were with us.

Been to Cambria Suites Traverse City? Share your experiences!