“excellent hotel, very nice staff and service” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Traverse City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bangkok
“excellent hotel, very nice staff and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I travelled with my daughter to Traverse city on February and spent 1 night at this excellent hotel. The staff were very nice and helpful. The room is very clean and really nice. There is a 24-hour gym facilities and pool which is well-equipped. There is also a shuttle bus that can drive you to down town or otehr places. I also highly recommend to have a breakfas at hotel which is very nice and reasonable price. I wil definitely come back during ny next visit to Traverse city.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Saint John, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for an early Valentine's Day week-end. I picked the place because of its number 1 rating and was not disappointed. I don't know if I ever stayed in a cleaner room. The staff was very professional and couldn't wait to help you. My wife loved the ambience of the hotel and of Traverse City itself. The hotel also offers a free shuttle to the downtown shopping area. The rooms were nicely decorated and very quiet . We were on the road side and heard some traffic but not much. Great place to stay !

Room Tip: Rooms away from the road are quieter !
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed here recently due to a promotion we received from American Express. I was very skeptical becuase I had no experience with the hotel and the AMEX discount was 75% off up to 2 nights. We ended up in a great room ( I think we got a free upgrade ); the service and staff was fabulous. Friendly and very very helpful. Rooms were quiet although I know they had plenty of guests. I used the fitness center and found it well equipped and clean if a little warm I, personally did not enjoy the Wolfgang Puck in room coffee but am sure others would find this fine. The only thing that concerned me was that when we got there, there was snow on the sidewalks and the parking lot hadn't been cleared. This was cleaned up by the time we got up in the morning tho, so I suspect the contractor hadn't gotten to them yet when we arrived. Staff saved us a booklet of coupons and information on the local ski resorts as they knew we were in the area for that. This hotel has a free shuttle to downtown so you don't have to drive - we didn't use it but I thought it was a nice perk.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Plymouth, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The hotel is beautiful, immaculately clean. Staff exceptionally helpful. However I had an extremely difficult time sleeping. The linens and pillows were uncomfortable. I checked out the labels on the pillows and found that they were a cotton polyester blend. For a hotel of this caliber, I would hope that they would have high quality bedding. While I loved the other amenities, a good nights sleep is what I desire most.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stay at the Cambria often when I travel to Traverse City for business. I love that the pool/hot tub are available 24 hours, love the complimentary hotel shuttle (yes, you can have them drop you off downtown and they will come back and pick you up), love the rooms. Beds are comfortable, soft but firm, quality bedding, plenty of good pillows. The separate sitting room and desk in the king room I stay in is appreciated. Minifridge and microwave are nice. The bathrooms are beautiful, all tile and with a modern feel, plenty of towels and toiletries. Everyone at the front desk is very friendly and ready to assist. I spent more than ten years in hospitality and can vouch for the very, very clean rooms and property in general. Is centrally located as well to downtown and area beaches/attractions. Good value and super nice rooms!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Birmingham, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I just stayed at Cambria Suites for a quick overnight trip to Traverse City. This was my fourth visit to the property, so I thought I shoud take the time to write a well-deserved rave review. The Cambria Suites is not the lowest rate in town, but it always worth any extra cost. The hotel is clean, well-appointed and has lots of extras, like a mini market and restaurant in the lobby. There is even a nice gathering area with couches and a fireplace. It was only two degrees when I arrived on Sunday, and you could sit by the fire and watch the NFL divisional championship games on a large HD television. If you prefer to just relax in your room, you won't be disappointed. The rooms are very spacious, with a sitting area as well as microwave and mini refrigerator. The bathroom is beautiful - awesome shower - not the typical tub with a curtain that you get most mid-range hotels. Also, the staff is always friendly. A couple years ago on a different trip to Traverse City, I was stranded with my children by a dead battery about 15 miles away from the property. Cambria Suites sent their courtesy van (which can take you around town) to rescue us! It's nice to know that the staff is dedicated to keeping their guests safe and happy.

Rockford, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We made reservations to stay here after receiving a postcard offer from American Express with a fabulous rate. As someone who grew up here, we often come up and stay so are familiar with most of the hotels in town. This is our new favorite! It's a nice location (as long as you are not looking for beach front), mid way between the downtown area and hotels further east on East Bay. Every member of the staff we talked to was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was beautiful and well appointed. The layout is such that if you brought kids to sleep on the sleeper sofa in the living area of the room there would be some privacy, and that area has it's own large flat screen television. The beds are very comfortable, with nice bedding as well as nice towels for the bathroom. Each room has a coffee maker, refrigerator (no freezer) and microwave. We will certainly stay here again, we loved it!

*Note the breakfast is not included in the price of the room ($8.95 each) and while it was good for a hotel breakfast, we recommend the Omelette Shoppe just West of the hotel for a similar price and better food.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Cambria Suites Traverse City? Share your experiences!