“Nice place, Enjoyable stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 38 hotels in Traverse City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Northville, Michigan
“Nice place, Enjoyable stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Place was clean and comfortable. Nice big comfy beds, large room. Affordable lodging in Traverse City. I will stay her again. Very courteous staff. Good Experience. Good breakfast spot across the street called the Cottage.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

345 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Traverse City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We just had our Christmas party at the Cambria. The food was outstanding as well as the service. I cannot say enough about the staff that took care of us and the food that was served. If u r ever looking for a place to host an event this is the place to go. From the time I booked the party until it was over, it was worry free for me, Deb set it al up, Scott took care of the food, and Ken took care of the bar. Great folks great place. Our employees stayed at the hotel and reved about the rooms. How clean and comfy they are.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I discovered the Cambria Suites last summer, and was very happy to have done so. The facilities seem brand-new and are kept in impeccably clean condition. The staff are very friendly and service-oriented. Breakfast is quite decent, with fresh food, affordably priced. If you don't have time to sit down for a meal, there's a coffee bar and a cooler of sandwiches and similar available to purchase. There are computers in the lobby for printing out boarding passes and a coin laundry down the hall. The fitness room is well-lit and has a good selection of equipment. The rooms are nicely decorated, and the mini-fridge is useful.

The location of the hotel is convenient, along Munson Avenue, with many of TC's hotels. This hotel is not on or near the beach, however, which is where my one criticism arises. I do understand that any hotel in TC in the summer will command a price premium, but IMO, this one's rates were more in line with a beachfront hotel, and a bit high for one that wasn't. On the other hand, this hotel is significantly newer and nicer than the other motels in the area, so perhaps I simply paid for what I got.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

And I've stayed at many hotels!

This hotel is super clean and just has so many amenities. We stayed here for three nights while exploring Traverse City and the surrounding area and had a wonderful experience. The staff is really nice - particularly Janelle at the front desk. Our suite was a good size with separate TVs in the sitting area and bedroom. I really liked the decor and the bathroom. We didn't have a chance to eat at the hotel restaurant so I can't comment on the food. However, we did grab a couple cookies from the 24-hour snack area and they were yummy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Ok, I am not a princess, nor was there a pea....but what started out as a fairy tale didn't have quite the happy ending I was hoping for because of a bed that was too soft....So you may rightlfully ask, why the 4 owl eyes? My answer, because of the way the staff attempted to handle my dilemna.....plus I don't want to be the one who brings down their ratings in case my situation was a fluke. The Pros: Great trendy hotel for a small town--perfect for business class, and probably geared more for adults. So clean I could seriously eat off the floor, 5 stars for housekeeping~not to mention that both of my housekeeping staff on BOTH days were so kind, courteous and thoughtful (one female and one young male)--where do you ever see that???? The hotel and my room was so ridiculously clean I couldn't think of one thing to scrutinize and wished I could bring them to my house for a day ;-). The hotel: again--newly remodeled (3 yrs ago), beautiful, spotless, funky for a small town, great fireplace and couches and bar in the lobby--great bartender Ken (he made me promise not to mention how great he was for whipping me up some hot cocoa as he was walking out the door at 3am--this is a promise I must break). Great front desk staff from Ryan who went out of his way to help me find things to do with my kid and Travis and Warren who were both entertaining and empahtetic in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep and Lianne at the front desk (?) who on the day of check out made calls to see where I could buy a bathing suit for my kid this time of year....and last but not least Scott, the manager on duty who really went out of this way to see if he could make my stay more comfortable offering me to switch to another room, giving me great ideas on where to eat and being incredibly thoughtful with my plight..the only downside (and unfortunately the reason I had to leave after two nights---the bed was too soft and I got very little sleep two nights in a row--which ultimately kinda ruined my weekend b/c I was a walking zombie half of the day). But, alas, maybe you like a soft bed--me, not so much. Maybe my particular room was a fluke--maybe it wasn't. All I know is I have never had to leave a hotel because the bed wasn't comfortable for me. Otherwise this place takes the cake! Thanks to Jack the GM (whom I never met) for hiring such a wonderful staff--if it wasn't for them, I would have certainly given this place a much lower rating. There wasn't one staff member who wasn't a true gem!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Grand Rapids, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Cambria Suites is the best choice you can make in Traverse City, short of a few of the top-notched B&B's in the area. Our room was well-appointed and clean and the service was first-rate. The bed was very comfortable. The desk was adequate, although I have sat in more comfortable desk chairs. Also, the shelf divider that separates the bedroom from the desk does little to keep the light out of the bedroom. That problem exists at every Cambria. The biggest rub was the $8.95 charge for a breakfast buffet that was half of what you get at a Holiday Inn Express for free. Not bad, just not a lot on it. With that said, no one told us we had to eat there, and I would recommend venturing out to one of TC's many fine restaurants. But beyond these few minor issues, Cambria is a great place to stay! We will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Another wonderful stay at Cambria Suites! As always, exceeds our expectations; very clean room, comfortable bed with lots of pillows, nice seating areas, large walk-in shower, attractive modern decor. Staff is friendly and courteous. We enjoyed cocktails and dinner in the lounge, and a delicious breakfast in the morning. This is our favorite pace to stay in Traverse City!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Cambria Suites Traverse City? Share your experiences!