Ok, I am not a princess, nor was there a pea....but what started out as a fairy tale didn't have quite the happy ending I was hoping for because of a bed that was too soft....So you may rightlfully ask, why the 4 owl eyes? My answer, because of the way the staff attempted to handle my dilemna.....plus I don't want to be the one who brings down their ratings in case my situation was a fluke. The Pros: Great trendy hotel for a small town--perfect for business class, and probably geared more for adults. So clean I could seriously eat off the floor, 5 stars for housekeeping~not to mention that both of my housekeeping staff on BOTH days were so kind, courteous and thoughtful (one female and one young male)--where do you ever see that???? The hotel and my room was so ridiculously clean I couldn't think of one thing to scrutinize and wished I could bring them to my house for a day ;-). The hotel: again--newly remodeled (3 yrs ago), beautiful, spotless, funky for a small town, great fireplace and couches and bar in the lobby--great bartender Ken (he made me promise not to mention how great he was for whipping me up some hot cocoa as he was walking out the door at 3am--this is a promise I must break). Great front desk staff from Ryan who went out of his way to help me find things to do with my kid and Travis and Warren who were both entertaining and empahtetic in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep and Lianne at the front desk (?) who on the day of check out made calls to see where I could buy a bathing suit for my kid this time of year....and last but not least Scott, the manager on duty who really went out of this way to see if he could make my stay more comfortable offering me to switch to another room, giving me great ideas on where to eat and being incredibly thoughtful with my plight..the only downside (and unfortunately the reason I had to leave after two nights---the bed was too soft and I got very little sleep two nights in a row--which ultimately kinda ruined my weekend b/c I was a walking zombie half of the day). But, alas, maybe you like a soft bed--me, not so much. Maybe my particular room was a fluke--maybe it wasn't. All I know is I have never had to leave a hotel because the bed wasn't comfortable for me. Otherwise this place takes the cake! Thanks to Jack the GM (whom I never met) for hiring such a wonderful staff--if it wasn't for them, I would have certainly given this place a much lower rating. There wasn't one staff member who wasn't a true gem!
- Also Known As:
- Cambria Suites Traverse City Hotel
- Cambria Suites Traverse City Hotel Traverse City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 100 percent non-smoking Cambria Suites® hotel provides luxury accommodations in the charming coastal town of Traverse City, and is the perfect place to stay for corporate or leisure travelers.Our Cambria Suites luxury hotel offers both business and leisure travelers exclusive amenities that will make you feel right at home, including: Restaurant, lounge, barista bar, state of the art fitness center and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Venere, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Cambria Suites Traverse City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.