“Good Family Choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Moutain Grand Lodge and Spa

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Traverse City
Moutain Grand Lodge and Spa
You added Moutain Grand Lodge and Spa to your Saves list
02780 Boyne Mountain Road, Traverse City, MI   |
Ranked #35 of 41 Hotels in Traverse City
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Good Family Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

We came to Boyne over spring break. The Mountain Grand Lodge is a nice resort. Unfortunately, in Michigan, we don't have a lot of choices.
We stayed in a double queen room and they gave us 2 roll aways for our kids. We also had a sink and a refrigerator to use which was very helpful. Our room ran about $235 per night. We had loud neighbors but security called them around midnight to ask them to quiet down.
Avalanche Bay water park is connected to the hotel. My kids loved it! It was absolutely packed because of spring break so I was miserable there. There is also an indoor/outdoor heated pool at the Lodge, but again, most of the time it was packed with people.
My husband had a massage at the spa. He really enjoyed it. The girl at the desk was snooty which was a real turn off for me. She also explained that if my husband wanted his hands and feet included in the massage he had to pay for that separately. So we payed $205 plus 15% gratuity for about a 85 minute massage. It did give him access to the spa all day which had a steam room, sauna and workout room.
We ate in the restaurant here, Everett's. it was expensive and the food was very average. There are a lot of great restaurants in Petosky that would be a much better choice in my opinion. Also, The Lake Street Market in Boyne City has excellent sandwiches, pizza and baked goods!
There are lots of things to do at Boyne and the facilities are nice. My conclusion would be I would recommend a visit but not over spring break or other busy holiday break!

• Stayed April 2013

Cherry Tree Inn & Suites
#2 of 41 in Traverse City
4.5 of 5 stars 1,802 reviews
Pointes North Beachfront Resort Hotel

Been to Moutain Grand Lodge and Spa? Share your experiences!