“Nice place - poor management !!” 2 of 5 stars

Super 8 Three Rivers
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   689 Super 8 Way, Three Rivers, MI 49093   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Three Rivers
Lorain
“Nice place - poor management !!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

Called a couple days ago to make reservation ... after I made it, I asked how long I had to cancel should my plans change ... I was advised I had to cancel that day (day before my reservation) I advised most places let you cancel up to 5 or 6 day of stay ... he said NOT HERE !! Anyhow, we stayed .... on check in, I was given a room on the first floor as requested ... but not near the door as requested .... also, was given (2) queens instead of the king I reserved ... when asked why, I was advised that is all they had left for dog rooms ... I said but I reserved a king size dog room .... I was told for another $10.00 cleaning fee, I could get a king size bed although I was already charged $11.00 extra for my dog ... so I paid the extra $10.00 to get the room I had already reserved ... room was fine - just management with a attitude !!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Munster, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

You get what you pay for. This is an inexpensive motel, and it is a clean place to sleep. But it is very, very basic. Their breakfast (included) is extremely limited, especially if you are trying to eat healthy. There are fruit loops,cheerios, rice crispies, danish, muffins, and bread/bagels. That's it. No fruit, yogurt. You can make your own waffles. We stayed two nights, and they took out our dirty towels but did not replace them, and I was actually aghast that they did not even make the beds. The pool was clean and warm. The staff was friendly. Our two laptops could not connect to their wireless internets. I would stay here again in a pinch, as it was clean, but it would not be my first choice.

Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Valparaiso, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2008

We booked a room for the weekend just as a place to lay our heads down after a day of skiing at a local resort (Swiss Valley), and thats exactly what we got. The hotel was clean, heat worked well, plenty of parking available, the hotel staff was courteous. A continental breakfast is offered however we did not take advantage of this but did see other guests eating and it was just a cereal/toast type thing. Some would argue that a continental breakfast is just that - but I did not see any fruit etc.. Across the street is a family type diner that had (Oasis) pretty good food at reasonable prices, friendly service. The bathroom in our room was extremely small, there is only a few inches between the toilet and tub and on the other side of the toilet is only a few inches to the wall. The pool was a bit green tinged (maybe old?) and really loaded with chlorine, so much that you can really smell it coming down the hallway. But at least there was one. I had asked for a extra pillow and was denied, no extra blanket in the room. At the time we went there really wasn't many guests and I do feel they could easily accomodated the pillow request. Rules are rules I guess. I had read a review prior to booking this hotel that the walls are thin - you can believe it. We could hear water running, some sort of tapping in the middle of the night, and voices. All in all if another hotel could be found I would go elsewhere, but if not I could stay here again. The rate was definitely reasonable.

• Liked — Cleanlliness
  • Disliked — Pool
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2007

I’ve actually had really good luck with this hotel. It’s a newer built place, so it’s one of the cleaner places I’ve stayed at in Lower Michigan.

I travel to Lower Michigan twice every summer for the NASCAR race weekends at Michigan Speedway. We’ve stayed here two years in a row, but haven’t stayed the past two because I’ve been able to find rooms closer to the track at a reasonable price. But I’ve already made my reservations here for next year’s races, since we know what to expect from this hotel.

One year, my daughter left a bracelet behind at the room. She hadn’t realized she lost it, but a few weeks later, we received a letter from the hotel with the bracelet enclosed. To me, that is what I consider going above and beyond good service.

• Stayed August 2004, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2006

Their computer lost our payment and the manager showed up at our door step on Sunday morning Memorial day weekend demanding payment. Took a double payment from our account and all we got in return is a discount on your next visit.

• Stayed May 2006

Been to Super 8 Three Rivers? Share your experiences!