We recently returned from our first visit to Crystal Mountain. Our only complaint is that the stay was "too short." We are a family of 4, kids ages 5 and 1 1/2. We stayed at the Inn at the Mountain, which gave us a one bedroom suite, murphey bed for the kids in the living area, and small kitchenette. The building had a really nice area steps up from the main lobby that had a fire place with seating, a small kids play house with blocks and puppets, and some tables with puzzles. There were also two computers with internet here. Our kids loved having this area to unwind at in the evenings, and one night we enjoyed a drink with another couple while the kids played. Crystal Mountain exceeded our expectations, the staff really made a difference, from the ski instructors for our 5 year old, to the rental staff, and the restaurant staff. Everyone went out of their way to make things easier, fun, and special. The resort is big enough to have a "village" feel and variety in skiing, but small enough to be very family friendly and easy to navigate with children. We will certainly be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in coastal Benzie County, Crystal Mountain is the Midwest's premier four-season family resort featuring some of the finest accommodations northern Michigan has to offer – 36 holes of championship golf, 45 downhill slopes, 40km of cross-country trails, the award-winning Crystal Spa, the Michigan Legacy Art Park, and IACC-approved conference facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Crystal Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crystal Mountain Hotel Thompsonville
- Crystal Mountain Resort And Spa
- Crystal Mountain Michigan Lodging