This was our first time to a ski resort...ever. First time we skied. Rental was a breeze with all the help we received from staff. I believe they went out of their way to make sure we were fitted properly and felt safe. Lessons were fabulous...My husband, 15 yr old daughter and I felt that we were well educated on the dos and don'ts of downhill skiing. We felt very confident going down our first "beginner" hill next to the lesson area. In fact, we did so well that we didn't take our skiis off that night until they closed the slopes! The resort itself is so quaint and cute...very well manicured. It is as if you are nestled in a little village with cottages and ice rink, restaurants, shops, etc. My kids thought the pool was awesome. We also x-country skied...of course, beautiful as well. Well groomed. They even have a lit path for nighttime x-country skiing. All the staff were friendly and courteous. The suite we stayed in was great with a bedroom for the adults and a murphy bed for kids in living area. We slept well. We will go back to Crystal Mountain for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in coastal Benzie County, Crystal Mountain is the Midwest's premier four-season family resort featuring some of the finest accommodations northern Michigan has to offer – 36 holes of championship golf, 45 downhill slopes, 40km of cross-country trails, the award-winning Crystal Spa, the Michigan Legacy Art Park, and IACC-approved conference facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Crystal Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crystal Mountain Hotel Thompsonville
- Crystal Mountain Resort And Spa
- Crystal Mountain Michigan Lodging