“Not bad” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Milford Mill
Pennsylvania
“Not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2007

After booking on Hotwire, and reading the reviews on Tripadvisor, I was quite worried. However, the staff was courteous, the room was clean (with a definite oder of new carpet), and the complimentary breakfast was better than I expected. Obviously, they are trying to get their act together. I will return.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Turkish first
houston, texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2007

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE!

This has to be the worst hotel I have ever ever stayed at in the past 10 years! The rooms had a horrible odor, the bathroom was dirty, the heating system is a joke (if you do decide to turn it on it sounds as if a tornado is about to hit your room), the bathroom was filthy (dirty shower curtain) and there was NO manager on duty over the holiday weekend! The girl at the front desk was incompetent at best. As far as I am concerned I could have spent the night at a bus station in a chair and would have been safer, more comfortable and above all SANITARY!

I urge the Best Western to first acknowledge that this location is truly part of their chain and second take the first plane to Baltimore, MD and see what they are advertising to the public as being a safe, friendly and clean hotel!

I am furious that I had to stay at this hotel! But when it is 20 degrees outside, you really do not want to move hotels at 2:00am.

I have just called Hotels.com and told them about my stay and informed them about all the complaints on this website. I asked "why would you continue to list this hotel as an option on hotels.com?" I received no reply. How repulsive.

• Liked — checking out in the morning
  • Disliked — checking in
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2007

We stayed here for one night during a business conference. We switched rooms several times because they either did not have adequate heat or smelled bad. Mind you this is after several hours of driving and a trade show with a two year old. When we finally settled for the smelly but warm room, with a non-working phone, it was 12:30 AM.
The continental breakfast was meager but worst of all the dairy products were not in ice, they were warm to the touch. I decided against eating anything when I found my butter pat was moldy.
The manager seemed to want to help but this hotel is so far beyond bad, I think they may want to just start over. At least drop the prices. If I knew this was a cheap, bad hotel that's one thing but we were under the impression this was a decent mid-line Best Western hotel.

Hot tips for the management:
1)Fix the heaters in all the rooms
2)eliminate the smells in the rooms
3)Make sure your food is being stored and displayed safely
4)the decor seems new and tasteful, hopefully everything else will catch up soon.

• Liked — somewhat convenient location
  • Disliked — condition of rooms
  • Tips/Secrets — negotiate a low rate if you must stay here.
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
london
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2006

Ten of us travelled from England to attend a family wedding. We had three rooms between us none of which were of a decent standard. We had to move rooms three times (during what would have been a two week stay) due to a leaky bath, bad smells, poor ventilation and a visit from a mouse (which seemed to be a recurring problem as there were several Rentokil traps on the premises)! The maids were hopeless and their cleaning methods were shocking(cleaning the bath with a dry towel)! During our stay we witnessed several other similar complaints being made.
The staff on the front desk were about as useful as a chocolate teapot! Our problems were only resolved when we spoke to the manager who tried to help but by this time we had had enough and decided to leave to find alternative accommodation.
My advice to anyone contemplating staying here would be DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This hotel is more like a motel than a hotel and may be suitable for a 1 or 2 night stay but any longer, don't bother!

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2006

Ok first off, when I got to the hotel they acted like I never made reservations. The only reason we stayed there was because we were attending a wedding reception next door and needed a place to stay. We had no lights in the vanity. No hot water in the shower. No cold water in the vanity. When we ran the cold water in the shower, the bathtub wouldnt drain. The bride and groom also stayed at the hotel and they had to sleep in the floor because their bedding hadnt been changed. They also had left over food in their room. It was pure disgusting! The hotel says they have security but they werent around when a fight broke out in the middle of the night. The brides car was also damaged during the one night stay. I wouldnt recommend this hotel to anyone. It's a dump and most of the staff are complete idiots. OH and one more thing. It was the middle of July when we stayed there and the A/C wasnt even on when we got to the room.

• Liked — it was close to Martins West
  • Disliked — No hot/cold water
  • Tips/Secrets — Dont stay Here
  • Stayed July 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2004

As a Brit, I would describe the place as a "motel" and not a hotel. Access to the rooms was from outside as opposed to inside via corridors. The room was large, with two double beds and an ensuite. Was furnished comfortably and had coffee making facilities.

My only small gripe as they one time we used the restaurant on site the service was poor as there was a large party/function going on next door.

The location was handy for the freeways and local shoping. Would use the facility again.

Virginia Beach, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2004

I have stayed at this property a few times now and probably won't go back. The attitudes of the front desk staff have always been rather condescending. One time there were things missing from my room, i.e. towels, coffee maker and it took HOURS to get them delivered.

I am a woman who travels a lot on business and have not felt safe at this hotel. Twice now I've been awakened in the middle of the night by loud, drunken people. I called the front desk and they asked what I wanted them to do.

This past spring, I stayed there twice in 6 weeks and both times both ice machines were not working and I had to go to the restaurant for ice and again, was given attitude for asking.

I am always willing to give a property a few tries, but no more stays at this property for me. And, it is WAY over priced for what you get.

• Stayed July 2004, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Baltimore West? Share your experiences!