“Overall,a nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Milford Mill
Baltimore, Maryland
“Overall,a nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

I stayed at the Bestwestern the beginning of Sept.for almost 2 weeks.The first room I checked into had a strong foul odor.Which,I reported and was handled immediately.The staff was very friendly and helpful.The carpet and tub was dirty.Housekeeping on the second floor made my stay very uncomfortable asking for tips/money not to mention I had a DO NOT DISTURB sign on my door and they opened it anyway.I thought that was really rude.I reported this to the staff and they handled that situation promptly.The staff here will work to make sure you enjoy your stay.I can say that in spite of the few negative things that happened I really enjoyed my stay and would definitely stay there again.One other thing.They do have a nice continental breakfast and the lady that works in that area is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
bhavia, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Baltimore West, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our property.Your feedback lets us know what we are doing wrong,as well as what we are doing right which is very important to us. we are embarrassed that you had issues with our hotel and are truly sorry. we pride ourselves on providing exceptional service for our guests and we did not live up to your expectations. We thank you for your comments and hope we will serve you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I stayed at the Best Western on July 9, 2011, NEVER again! I woke up the next morning with bedbug bite marks on my face and arms, (I've attached a picture of my face). I went to my doctor that Monday; she prescribed some antibiotics and cortisone cream. We stayed there because it was close to Martins Crosswinds; we were going to an event there that evening and thought it would be an ok hotel. I had to put a towel in the bathtub because the tub looked grossed. I really would like to know if they have certified housekeepers or is this some family ran operation.

It 's very important to read reviews about places your staying and eating at. I rarely write reviews, but it's really important for people to know about bad places. My friend was so embarassed when I told him the doctor confirmed they were bedbugs, He booked the room without looking at the reviews, a lesson learn for him. He really felt bad seeing me with those marks on my face. It's almost three weeks now,the marks are not completely gone. NEVER, NEVER!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
bhavia, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Baltimore West, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our property. I would like to let you know your comments are not only listened to, but acted upon. I truly wished your stay with us had been exceptional and I am disappointed we did not live up to your expectations. I would like to assure you this is not our standard and we are truly sorry. I would be very appreciative if you would contact me personally so that we can discuss the details of this issue and ensure it will not happen in the future

Pete Patel General Manager
[--]
Waynesboro, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

We were up for the weekend and stayed here. We got there before check in time but they allowed us to check in early with no extra charge. The staff was real friendly, all of them, right down to the pool life gaurd. He even called around to check on restaurants for us. The room was to be expected, had a tub, two beds, tv, desk, and even a little couch chair and table. It was a pretty good size room had plenty of room for us and the five year old to be active. We had a very pleasant stay and will definitely be back to stay again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
bhavia, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Baltimore West, responded to this review, July 1, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review nice to here that our guest enjoyed the stay with Best Western Baltimore West hope to see you soon.
Woodbridge, Va
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I had to be at an early morning event at the Martin's West facility, and this was the closest place to stay. Photos looked good, so I booked it.

First off, the area is not the greatest.... pretty scary mall nearby, and restaurants are slim pickings. I checked in, and while unpacking, I heard scurrying and scratching under my bed. I asked for (and was promptly given) another room.

This is a older motel/hotel, with most rooms having direct outside access, which includes all the outside noise problems as well. Doors and windows not sealed well. I slept okay, but not great.

When checking out, I saw a note on the credenza behind the desk clerk- topped with another room number, in big letters it said "Dead mouse in tub"!

I will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
bhavia, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Baltimore West, responded to this review, June 24, 2011
Thank you for your review of our property. I would like to let you know that your comments are not only listened to, but acted upon.I wish your stay had been exceptional, and am disappointed that we did not live up to your expectation.
Apple Valley, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

We wanted something away from the hustle and bustle of Baltimore, yet close enough so we could go sightseeing. This was an ideal, quiet, yet refreshing location. The place was immaculate, and the staff very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
bhavia, Owner at BEST WESTERN Baltimore West, responded to this review, June 9, 2011
Thank you for selecting the best western Baltimore West.it is our pleasure in servicing our guest,
please take advantage of the 10% return discount located on the bottom of your check out receipt.
Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

I was looking for a place close to where i had to be for work. I liked this one hotel about 20 minutes away but was looking for something a little cheaper. The Best Western chain is normally clean and basic. This was awful. it was more like a motel with the doors going directly outside. The lighting wasn't to bad, but I still did not feel safe walking to my room. The room was dirty. When inspecting for bed bugs I ran across Chip crumbs all under the matress and on the side by the bed. (No bed bugs though) The perimeter of the room was covered in dust and I located 2 dead flies. It was obvious the vaccum only gets ran in the basic areas, not behind the chair or desk, and the hose attachment is never used. (Picture attached) There was a tear in the curtains, and the towl rack was hanging on and needed to be rehung with nails. Overall you get what you pay for and I will break down and spend the extra money next time somewhere else. I booked for 3 nights and only made it through 2 before I checked out.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

The room was infested with bed bugs. Tons of bed bugs. Very gross. 'Nuff said.

Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Baltimore West? Share your experiences!