“Enjoyed my stay.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Taylor/Detroit Area

You added Super 8 Taylor/Detroit Area to your Saves list
Super 8 Taylor/Detroit Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   15101 Huron St., I-75 Exit Eureka Road, Taylor, MI 48180   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Taylor
Cozad, Nebraska
“Enjoyed my stay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Enjoyed my stay and it was close to what I needed to get done. Not new but seemed to be well maintained. Would stay again if in the Detroit area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Jonesville, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Dirtiest room I have ever seen. Box springs are coming apart; there are stains on all of the chairs and the mattresses. The bedspread had mildew on it and the windows had greasy stuff on them. The air in the hallway was heavy with cigarette and pot smoke. The phone didn’t work and couldn’t even be plugged into the wall because all it had was wires hanging out. My granddaughter sat on the bed and I made her get up because I was afraid she would catch something. We left immediately and scrubbed our hands with anti bacterial wipes when we got to the car. They offered us another room but we couldn’t even imagine that any room could have been clean in that place. Please don't waste your money on this place.

Room Tip: Don't waste your time or your money.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Taylor hotels

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Management is very nice! Need a little improvement on interior.

• Stayed May 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I wasnt very sure if I wanted to stay there after reading the reviews, however, i made up my mind because it was the closest to my work area, i definitely changed my mind after my first night. The staff was very welcoming upon my arrival, the breakfast was great and the room is just as comfortable as my own.

• Stayed April 2012
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

We got here in the early evening and got a nice room immediately on the 3rd floor. They had a free breakfast in the morning. Room was very comfortable and had all the amenities including shampoo (a rarity in most cases) and a coffee maker, good TV. Room smelled clean.

We ate supper at Bob Evans in the evening. It was good too.

Room Tip: It has interior corridors so not possible to unload/load car from first floor but they did have an e...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
aseel e, Manager at Super 8 Taylor/Detroit Area, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write your review and we hope to see you back in the near future.
Bardstown, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

I had stayed at the hotel several years before and the cleanliness and the customer service was excellent. Upon arriving late Friday night we entered the "non-smoking" room and it smelled of cigarette smoke and mold. When looking into the bathroom the shower was dirty and stained, and the towels were also stained and nasty. When going to bed that night we removed the top blanket due to it stinking and not comfortable, and was left with a sheet and a rough wool type blanket. When going to the desk to ask for another top sheet due to the blanket being so roughed the desk clerk laughed and told us that they only allowed 1 sheet on the bed. Also had to go to the desk to ask for towels and when the clerk gave us the towels he told us that we would have to bring the dirty ones back first....poor customer service and NASTY place to stay. Horrible experience. Won't be back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Lansing, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

I used to stay at this hotel quite frequently. Last year I stayed at a differen hotel and this year I decided to go back because of the 15% internet advance pay deal. Upon checking in on Friday, we went up to our room and the floor was wet at the air conditioner and the room smelled musty/moldy! We immediately notified the front desk and their solution was to provide us with towels to lay on the floor and they noted it in the book. We were not given the option to move rooms nor did they bring in fans to try to dry the carpet. Saturday night we came back to our room and the same thing, nothing had been done and the room smelled even more musty. I immediately started coughing. Sunday was the same thing. Although this time when we arrived back at our room we didn't even have towels for our room. When I called down I was told that I would have to come down and get them because the person couldn't leave the desk. I believe that is a total inconvenience for a customer. They shouldn't have to beg for towels when they should be already supplied. Also, no one had talked to us about the air conditioner if it was being repaired or one, just 1 towel was left on the floor. When we check out Monday morning we talked to the manager and told her everything and her only solution was to apologize and to give us 20% off our next visit. I do not feel that is sufficient as now I am getting sick and believe firmly that it was because of the moisture in the room that is causing it because it was 90+ degrees outside. Don't stay here because your complaints will not be taken seriously.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Taylor/Detroit Area? Share your experiences!