“Good value in a great location” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Detroit Southwest-Taylor
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21230 Eureka Road, Taylor, MI 48180-5278   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Taylor
Dublin, Ireland
“Good value in a great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We recently traveled to Greenfield Village in Dearborn/Detroit. They had a very reasonable package that included Greenfield Village/Henry Ford Museum tickets as well as additional discounts. There are plenty of great local restaurants as well as many chain ones nearby. I was impressed that they had a night security guard on a patrol around the property. The proximity to area attractions and downtown Detroit was very good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Southwest-Taylor, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
I am glad to hear that you took advantage of our Henry Ford/Greenfield Village package. It is truly one the best attractions to see when you are in the Detroit area! The combination of great local and chain restaurants in the area gives our guests the variety they are looking for. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you as a guest and we look forward to your next visit to the Taylor, MI Red Roof Inn.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Windsor, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Simple budget hotel. Decent value for the price. The housekeeping leaves a bit to be desired, but the room feels clean (for a budget hotel) every time I've stayed.
I've stayed multiple times; always feels safe and never had any problems. There are a lot of contractors that stay there through the week.
Friendly staff. The coffee pots are always full in reception.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Jeff H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Southwest-Taylor, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for being a repeat guest to our location and taking the time to leave us feedback on your most recent visit. I am glad to hear that you have always had a pleasant experience at our location and the coffee is always ready when needed. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This motel is just what you would expect - inexpensive, clean, easy access. If you are bothered by cigarette smoke smell you will have trouble with this place - even though it is a non smoking motel the smell permeates the rooms. It met our needs.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your previous stay. We take pride in providing our guests with clean, comfortable, and affordable rooms each and every stay. Next time, please don't hesitate to contact myself or the Front Desk to alleviate any concerns your may have. Looking forward to your next stay with us!
Waikoloa, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I just spent two weeks at this Red Roof. I think the fact that one year later I see many of the same staff ... just as friendly and helpful says a lot about this team of Red Roof ambassadors. they are a upbeat hard working group of people. Love the flowers and nice touches they have added to the landscaping.

My room was fantastic. Desk, with good work space. refrig., microwave.. perfect for a longer stay.

like the comp USA today...and coffee and friendly hello when you into the lobby to get paper.

It is very comforting to know I don't need to look any further for housing when I go to Detroit. It's just a few minutes from I 75 so going to downtown Detroit which I do every day is easy. You can be in Comerica Park for a Tiger game in no time.

If I come in late at night...like the other night...I see the staff is watching out for us ...

I refer people all the time to this Red Roof.

I enjoy that they remember me with each visit and they always say nice things about Detroit and surrounding areas.

Room Tip: I like 129 cause I got the morning sun as I stayed in room and worked ...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for letting your fellow travelers know about the positive experience you had at our Taylor location. I'm glad you enjoyed our updates to the landscaping as maintaining a clean, crisp curb appeal is a high priority of ours. We look forward to your visit every time you are in the Detroit area.
Riverview, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I recently stayed at the Red Roof in Taylor, from the moment I checked in the front desk agent was very professional and helpful while the manager went the extra mile to ensure
my comfort. I will not hesitate to stay at the hotel again as well as refer people that are also frequent travelers.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Southwest-Taylor, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We pride ourselves in providing the best guest experience we can and I am very glad you found our team to be friendly and helpful. We look forward to having you as a guest again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012 via mobile

Stayed a few nights in March....clean..friendly... doesnt have all the bells and whistles as hotel with all the emenities....but how much time do u spend in ur room.....fresh coffee anytime...free paper...free wifi.......i will return...

• Stayed March 2012
Taylor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

clean....close to freeway.....friendly....many restaurants in area

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn Detroit Southwest-Taylor? Share your experiences!