“A Consistent Pleasant Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Detroit Southwest-Taylor
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21230 Eureka Road, Taylor, MI 48180-5278   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Taylor
Richmond Hill, Canada
“A Consistent Pleasant Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

I have stayed at this facility on many occasions, with next to no problems. Any problems were resolved quickly by the courteous and helpful staff!
I occasionally attend the Gibraltar Trade Center for sports card shows. The Center is right across Eureka Road from this facility.
It is right off I-75, exit #36.
The rooms are always clean. The bedding is always very presentable, clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Reserve online. Very smooth procedure!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Houghton, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

The hotel room itself was quite comfortable. I've stayed here thrice already in their King suite and I found the facilities adequate (free internet available, microwave in room, TV, a fridge that under performs). The downside was that House keeping is so-so. The sheets generally had cigarette burns.

It's quite close to the airport, a mall, a bunch of theaters and several good places to eat. A breakfast place is 25 steps away.

If you are looking to stay for 1-2 days near the airport, this is probably the best place in the area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Victoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

was 'stranded' here for 11 days due to weather related work conditions. the staff was exceedingly friendly,helpful, and cognizant of our plight. even tho the area had exceedingly heavy snowfall, the staff kept all walk areas shoveled and salted. the company in charge of keeping the parking lot plowed did an excellent job, going so far as to let us move our vehicles so they could claen out our parking spots. ( i even caught the manager brushing the snow off all the windows of our cars!!!!) YES i will return to this particular RED ROOF INN every time i will need to be in the detroit area. YES, i recommend this RED ROOF INN to everyone staying in the detroit area. a huge thank-you to the management and staff of what i consider a 9 star facility.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Barberton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

I stayed in the upgraded king room, had a large desk are and was nicely furnished, firm bed, quiet and has free coffee, no food though. If you want easy to find, near the highway and still quiet, this is it.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Waikoloa, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

Aloha,
I live in Hawaii and Detroit is my hometown. This Red Roof has become my home when I return for 2-4 weeks each year.

Everyone welcomes me, the rooms are very clean, all the coffee you could want, nice thick towels... and the staff is attentive of my stlye for turing my room into home and office while away.

It's located right next to I75 and I can get into downtown Detroit in 15-20 minutes on I75 . I spend a lot of time in the city...Tiger Games, Hart Plaza, walking around. I can take a leisurely drive down Eureka to Jefferson and enjoy the towns and parks in Wyandotte if heading to Detroit or Trenton if heading south to Grosse Ile where I grew up and get to see best friend at Bishops Cottage B & B and Cafe.

There is a ig Boy right next to the Red Roof... great breakfast any time of day.

Regardless of the time of day I stop by the office to pick up a complimentary USA today or get a cup of coffee whoever is on duty is friendly.

What I really like is the staff has a positive attitude about Detroit. Never heard them say anything negaBive.

I have become a Red Roof fan. I like the complimentary nights I've received for Red Roof member stays.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Mount Hope, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

Management was very friendly and easy to chat with when checking in and departing. Rooms were clean, comfortable and cheerful. I especially noticed and liked the red wall accent. The free wi-fi worked fine.

Hotel was easy to find with restaurants nearby and being just a few miles from major highways made travelling quick and easy.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
doomhead
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at the Taylor Red Roof Inn. The service was prompt and friendly and the room was clean, quiet and decent size. With the low rate I paid I was expecting much less and will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Been to Red Roof Inn Detroit Southwest-Taylor? Share your experiences!