“Perfect spot, perfect everything” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Suttons Bay
Cuisines: Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Martha's leelanau Table is a European Style bistro serving breakfast, lunch and dinner in a unique century old farmhouse in a small town on the Leelanau Peninsula in the little finger of the lower peninsula of Michigan. We specialize in local food and wine from the family run wineries and farms in Leelanau County and the surrounding areas of Northern Michigan.
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
“Perfect spot, perfect everything”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Absolutely loved it here. We sat on the the patio on a quiet evening and had a really enjoyable meal. The service was wonderful, genuinely kind and attentive and we received great recommendations on our choices. Must try the salsa baked fresh goat cheese with pecans. It was fantastic. Can't wait to return!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Royal Oak, MI
“Happy Tummy Here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We arrived for breafast a little after 10:30 on Sunday, 10/13. There was a small wait so we were able to buy a couple of lattes, which were excellent. Our breakfasts were wonderful - hubby had the farmers omelette and I had the baked eggs topped with cheese - happy tummy great! The service was friendly and fast, the decor very comfortable/nice, too. Overall a great experience. No wonder they're number one in Suttons Bay. Did not have lunch or dinner here, but think they'd be excellent, too!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kalamazoo, MI
“Wonderful Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Most of the time when I visit Suttons Bay it's with the full family of 6 in tow and we have avoided Martha's simply because it's a little pricey for a bunch of kids that are just as satisfied with an extra value meal from McDonalds. My wife and I were in the area for some fall colors and alone time, and we decided to eat at Martha's. I have to say the food was fantastic. While sitting at a table next to a framed thank you note from Mario Batali, I had the French Toast with cherry bread and Cherry Pecan sausage, both locally sourced and perfect. My wife had a French style egg dish with spinach, bacon and cheese that was also very good. Service was friendly and spot on, the prices are typical for the area, breakfast for two all in with tip is pushing $40. I would certainly go back again (without kids).

East Lansing, Michigan
“the best meal I have had in up North area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The ambiance was charming, live good music, guitarist/ singer, great whitefish, soup, salad, dessert, & everything was perfect, including "Westie" our server, who was very attentive a& friendly as well as other staff.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
York, England, United Kingdom
“Nice place, great staff, food a little dissapointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

The place itself is nice and the staff are professional, helpful and pleasant. I had the signature chowder for starter, it was good but good chowder isnt that hard to do. My main was a special, rack of lamb with mash, veg and mustard. The lamb was good, nicely cooked but spoilt by far too much wholegrain mustard. My partner had goats cheese and salsa starter, salsa was far too spicy, the peppers looked suspiciously like jarred jalapenos, all heat rather than the zing of fresh peppers. The goats cheese had little flavour. Her main was a fish pie - basically the chowder with some extra prawns thrown in and a puff pastry square plopped on top, again not bad tasting but unimaginative and easy to make at home.

Don't get me wrong all the food tasted good, but just good like you would be happy to have at home not what I hope for when visiting a restaurant with a reputation

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
marthasleelanautable, Owner at Martha's Leelanau Table, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear "nice Place", I am sorry to hear of your disappointing dining experience. It is my goal to exceed my customer's expectations. Obviously I failed to excite your tastebuds. All the food I prepare is made from scratch in my kitchen by me or my sous chef. I hope if you are traveling through suttons bay again, you will stop and give us another taste. Thanks for the thoughtful comments. Sincerely Martha Ryan