“The 3rd time is not a Charm” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Suttons Bay
Cuisines: Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Martha's leelanau Table is a European Style bistro serving breakfast, lunch and dinner in a unique century old farmhouse in a small town on the Leelanau Peninsula in the little finger of the lower peninsula of Michigan. We specialize in local food and wine from the family run wineries and farms in Leelanau County and the surrounding areas of Northern Michigan.
chicago,il
“The 3rd time is not a Charm”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was our third time to Martha's mostly because there aren;t tons of restaurants in Sutton's Bay. The first time we had dinner there it was average, our server was terrible. The second time breakfast was ok but overpriced but at least the server was better. The third time the food was poor and we had the terrible sever again. My husband had some special where dessert was included. His steak was overcooked and dry. My chicken dish was very dry and was supposed to be stuffed with cheese I tasted none. Then dessert came (which the server didn't tell us what it was) she just threw on the table, it had nuts in it, my husband is allergic to them! I love Suttons
Bay but Martha's is off my list.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
marthasleelanautable, Owner at Martha's Leelanau Table, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear "3rd Time", I am so sorry that your experience at Martha's was a disappointment. I cannot apologize enough for the service. My staff is thoroughly trained and there is no excuse for bad service. I am responsible for all the food coming out of the kitchen. If it did not meet your expectations, I am very sorry. My job is to make sure that everything goes the way I want it to and sometimes that does not happen when I am not here. I will be retraining people in the front and the back to make sure that we don't disappoint another customer. It is a constant challenge in a very competitive market. Again, please accept my apologies. I do hope that you will continue to visit when you are in the area. If you have any specifics that you can share with me about the server and the service, maybe I can pinpoint the problem. so I can make it better. Thank you so much for sharing your review and I hope that you will visit Martha's again and give us the chance to be better next time. Martha Ryan

Michigan
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Neat atmosphere, cozy. Even a simple
Breakfast sandwich was delicious! Cool old house turned into a great restaurant!

Western Michigan
“Can't go wrong here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Wonderful breakfasts and lunches! Locally inspired menu choices and excellent baked goods and pastries. We plan to return to try the dinners on our next visit. Nice outdoor seating area.

Visited October 2012
“Unique spot for breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Had a wonderful; delicious breakfast. Beautiful small town on the Leelanau Peninsula 15 minutes north of Traverse City. My husband had cherry french toast (remember you are in the cherry capital of the world), and I had their huervos rancheros. Both dishes were EXCELLENT!! Small; intimate restaurant in beautiful colors and local artwork for sale. Our waitress Joy J. was outstanding and very attentive! What a gem of a place in a beautiful spot in Michigan! Won't be disappointed.

Michigan
“Delightful food and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Our party of four all had an outstanding experience at Martha's! The waitstaff (Weezie?) was knowledgeable, engaging, and attentive to needs. The food was incredible in taste, presentation, portion size, and use of local foods. Our group always orders different items so we can share and taste more dishes. The rack of lamb, the shrimp and andouie sausage, the scallops, and the crab cakes were great choices! The raclette was ample for all four, and the soup was generous as well. The fall harvest salad was very tasty and large enough for two of us to split. Wine selections were terrific, and the desserts were heavenly. Carrot cake, cream brule, cheesecake each lovely! We had the best table in the place, might not have been quite so great near the door or kitchen that had very bright lights. Overall one of our best experiences and we have eaten at a lot of great places! Be sure to make a reservation.

• Visited October 2012