“Kate made the day” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner
Elkhart, Indiana
“Kate made the day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Being over 65 we tend to eat a "little" earlier than the dinner crowd.
One of the benefits is getting better service.
Kate made our day at the In Between serving us about 5 pm on August 2nd, 2014. The young lady was very attentive and friendly.
We chose this place by the ratings. My wife had Lake Perch and I had the Shrimp stir fry. Both meals we good.
The place is a lake area dining lounge.It definitely needs the ceiling completely replaced. The tile squares are broken, stained and sagging in places.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Lincoln, NE
“Friendly Service, Very Good Food, Reasonable Prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This restaurant, about 5.7 miles west of Sturgis, MI, is just south of Klinger Lake, and it appears quite a few people with homes on the lake dine here. This is usually an encouraging sign, and after my meal here I can see why many of the locals dine here. There aren't many fine dining options in this area, but the In-Between is one I'd recommend. My waitress was quick to acknowledge me and she was friendly and talkative, but not overly so. She told me about the daily specials and as I was looking for fish, I was glad to hear about a couple of fish dishes. However, I ended up picking a fish not on the special list - a whitefish dish - and I was glad I did. The specials were explained to have fish portions of six to eight ounces, but the white I got came out looking like it was probably twice this weight. It came with some good grilled vegetables and a baked potato. However, the salad that came with the meal was a little disappointing as it seemed to be room temperature and the lettuce in it was not real crisp. However, it was okay with the balsamic viniagrette I got with it. The whitefish was flaky and had only a hint of fishy flavor - some may not like this but it's fine with me. The baked potato was good although it had a spot on the skin that should have been removed before being served. The price was very reasonable, and the proprietor, who came by my table and asked about how I liked the food, explained that he tries to keep prices reasonable - I commented I've had good whitefish at Red Lobster but it runs over $6 more, and the proprietor was glad to hear how I liked his prices. I was also surprised when I got my bill that my two beers totaled less than $5 together - there was a beer special going on I didn't see! All in all, a very nice experience in a rural area where I didn't expect such good dining with friendly people!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
sturgis, michigan
“good food & good times”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Atmosphere is nice. Cozy for couples but also family friendly.Host is very friendly and helpful.
I like this place very much.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great food! Salmon was excellent, perfectly seasoned cooked to perfection! Burgers were juicy and delicious!! Service was phenomenal! Definitely stop if you're in the area! You will not be disappointed!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
“Good Service and Prices, and Decent Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We like coming here, since we can dress any way we want, and there are plenty of items on the menu. The staff are very friendly, and don't make you feel stupid if you split something with your friend or spouse.

Visited July 2013