“Very nice Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casart Game Lodge

Save Saved
You added Casart Game Lodge to your Saves list
Casart Game Lodge
Grietjie Nature Reserve, 22 | Grietjie Nature Reserve, 22, Grietjie Nature Reserve, Kruger National Park 1390, South Africa   |
Honolulu, Hawaii, Usa
“Very nice Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Yan and crew were exceptional. I really enjoyed my stay and think he has such a beautiful place in the game park. They scheduled lots of fun stuff even though it was the slow season and I got to see plenty of animal life right from the lodge deck.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

160 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I have been there for 1 week and it was an amazing experience: the welcome, the place, the cook, everything was perfect. I felt like at home and it was exactly what I was looking for. the view is beautiful and I had the chance to see a lot of elephants, waterbuk..
Once again, a big thank you for your warm welcome Sonia and Jan I will remember it for a ong time and as I have told you I will defnitly come back this year end of september!!!! You have some mounths to improve your french accent and me to try your receipe of lemon mouss :-) See you soon!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I must say I didn't really know what to expect. A place with so many excellent reviews couldn't be bad! And it is great indeed. Quite a surprise to find such a peaceful and comfortable place (even with a jacuzzi) with charming hosts and good food, after driving on that bumpy little road where the elephants didn't want to let me go!
I wish I didn't stay longer. But I will definitively come again -- and recommend the place to friends.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Mechelen, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Last year, we booked a stay at Casart and it was really fantastic. So we decided to go back this year and guess: it was again really fantastic. The meet again was great and Sonia and Jan and their team made our stay a big success. To keep it all at such a high level quality year after year is just so admirable. I can recommend Casart to everyone. So next time we visit South-Africa, I am pretty sure that Sonia and Jan can expect us.

Thanks.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
casart, Jan & Sonia Caspers at Casart Game Lodge, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear rafensandra,
Thank you so much coming back to Casart Game Lodge and thank you for your lovely recommend. It was a pleasure for us to welcome you again and hopefully we will see you next year .
johannesburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

4 years ago my 2 friends and I were the first guests to stay at Casart Game Lodge. At that time I made a promise to the owners and fantastic hosts Sonja and Jan that once my two daughters were old enough I would come back with the family.
That time was now, 4 years on in which Casart has won several awards and has seen many happy returning customers.
We as a family can now be counted among the returning happy guests which with two teenage girls is not just a given. This gem of peace and tranquility has won them over and I'm already told that this trip should be on the permanent list. Sonja and Jan, you did it again!
The lodge itself is as if it was built recently, everything is in top shape to ensure a comfortable and worry free stay. Dinner as creative and tasty as ever, breakfast the way YOU like it and not take it as it comes. Then, of course, Sonja and Jan: available and ready to ensure that the Casart experience will be one to frame and to be stored in a special space of your memory.

Room Tip: In the case of Casart there is no lesser side, every location just brilliant.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
casart, Sonia & Jan Caspers at Casart Game Lodge, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Jan, and family

Thank you so much for your lovely review. It was so nice to meet you again and to welcome your family. We also enjoyed your stay at Casart Game Lodge, and are already looking forward for the next time to meet.
Valkenswaard
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Then please read my very first review on Casart and add additional luxury chairs and fast wifi right on your own deck to this review .
I did a copy and paste of the review right here so you don't have to look for it : here it comes:

A couple of years ago , my wife and I found ourselves at Table Bay hotel in Capetown .
We thought this hotel was the summum of luxury and comfort ; even Brad Pitt and several other famous people have stayed in this 5-star luxury hotel , so you would expect that thid is THE place to be when staying in South Africa .
If I were to tell you that you can find even better service at a small game lodge not too far from Hoedspruit and Phalaborwa you'd probably think I've lost it .
Well folks ….perfect service does exist , and it's got a name as well ; it's called Casart Game Lodge , run by Jan and Sonia Caspers .
From the moment you enter you will be pampered and waited on hand and foot by this lovely couple from Holland and Belgium.
They will go out of their way to give you an ultimate experience in bush relaxation.
Where shall I start …..well let's begin with a more than complete breakfast including French cheeses and several sorts of sliced meat , fresh fruits , eggs ,yoghurts in many flavours and different kinds of bread and warm croissants as well .
There is a infinity pool from where you have a fantastic view of a waterhole and a beautiful mountain range in the far . Lovely sunbeds with a very thick comfortable mattres for even the worst of backs on the sundeck will complete the poolpicture .
You can have your meals on your private veranda or in the breakfast/diningroom .
After your meals you can hop in the jacuzzi : yes...you have your own private jacuzzi , and after a harty meal it is truly fantastic to sit in this comfy nice warm water.
We preordered vegetarian meals , expecting to get the same meals as everyone else except for the meat.....but this was my expectation ofcourse before I met Sonia .
Absolutely fantastic dinner served in the same way as you would expect in a luxury 5-star resort !
Your rondavel is impecable in every way ; be it the bathroom , the toilet or the fantastic double bed
Perfection is the key word at Casart Game Lodge.
If you like total relaxation and perfect service for a price that's a mere fraction of the rates at Table Bay Hotel in Capetown , you really should pay Casart Game Lodge a visit !
I know I'm gonna be back and wind up the old engine enjoying the peace and quiet with my Nietje ;the most beautiful woman in the world !

Yep ,you guessed it ; we were very happy staying at Casart !!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
casart, Jan & Sonia Caspers at Casart Game Lodge, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Hans & Nietje,
Welcome back. Thank you so much again for taking the time to provide us with your marvelous review. We really do appreciate it and are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was an absolute pleasure being of service to you and look forward to welcoming you back next year.
Till then take care and all the very best.
Kind regards from the bush, Jan & Sonia Caspers
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed for 2 days/nights at the guesthouse last september to finish our visit to South Africa, and we got exactly what we expected: 2 wonderful days of relaxation and enjoyment of the nature and the hosts hospitality. The pool is wonderful, the cook knows what she is doing, and the little night-drive safari was done by a guide who really understood his job (in contrast to the guides in Kruger).
The only small backdraw is the bumpy drive from the main road to the Lodge (which we did during heavy rainfall with a toyota corolla, all in all not such a bad drive as you can see), but hindsight it contributes to the charm of the location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Casart Game Lodge? Share your experiences!