“Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Stevensville
Ypsilanti, United States
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Place is being renovated but when they are done it will look amazing! Friendly staff etc. Even with the clutter of the construction they did a great job accomodating myself and my family who also had rooms.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Sycamore, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

As a Sliver Member I had made reservations at another Hampton not too far from the one I stayed at. I got a room at that hotel but when I called to cancel at the other Hampton the person on the phone acted as if he was doing me a favor by not charging me for cancelling before 6 pm saying it was not 24 hours in advance knowing I was staying at another Hampton Inn.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I was going to be over charged on billing for wrong room rate & wrong room type, unless I pointed it out. Pool water was a little cold for kids. Breakfast is not bad. Rooms were clean & comfortable. No on-site fitness center.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

St. Joesph, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The Hampton's never let us down, this hotel is currently being renovated so be prepared to walk into an average atmosphere. The customer service was good, breakfast and location great but the appearance average.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hotel5050, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
The we are excited about the renovation going on at the hotel and I am pleased to see it did not effect your stay with us. Have a great day!
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I am so disappointed that this hotel is NO LONGER PET FRIENDLY!! We have stayed here many times in the past with our standard poodle. We are pet owners that don't vacation without our dog. I'm sad to say that we will be finding a new hotel to stay at. We loved the location because it's close to Grand Mere State Park, which is pet friendly, and perfect for the family!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Sigh...it is with a heavy heart that I say this is the last time staying at this hotel after at least 6 August visits in a row...! NO MORE PET FRIENDLY! I would pay extra to stay here with my Golden Retriever! But alas, new management, no dogs...! Such a shame! We are very polite, clean with our dog, but nothing doing....so Silver Beach Hotel, here we come!

Room Tip: I would say first floor is the easiest with a pet but it will no longer matter....!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed in several Hampton Inns and were disappointed on this trip. The am breakfast was fine and typical and the ladies who provided that were nice, approachable, and continually replaced what was out. Unfortunately, this was the highlight. No exercise room despite the website saying there was - they did offer guest passes to a club nearby but inconvenient when your with your family. No hot tub and the air in the room were the pool wis located was cold. The pool temperature varied - sometimes okay, others not. When we would go for breakfast, we put the do not disturb sign out as we didn't have our things picked up yet so wanted housekeeping to wait. They would Immediately slide a note under your door stating they would not clean your room unless you notified the front desk. I've never been to a hotel that did that. The manager was occassionally spotted but never acknowledged any of the guests. I realize the hotel is under renovation but a simple "hello" goes a long way. I found dog food on the floor of our room the 1st day and there was a sticky part to the carpet our entire stay. The front desk staff was average if that. Won't be back.

• Stayed July 2013
Hotel5050, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Been to Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94? Share your experiences!