“Do not get place in Room 209” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to 10% Off for AAA
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Stevensville
Elgin, United States
“Do not get place in Room 209”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have stayed at many Hampton Inns and this place was nice, but not room 209. Located next to the ice/vending/elevator, you can hear everything. The door was not fully sealed and had to place a bath towel to minimize the noise from the hallway. Window view is awful. The floor boards were peeled back in the room. Could not move rooms as the hotel was sold out for the evening. The positives were the comfortable beds, hot breakfast and friendly staff.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hotel5050, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review. I understand that there were some issues that inconvenienced you particularly some disruptive noises coming from the ice and vending machine next to the elevaor.
I can assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration and that we are actively looking at different options of more effectively soundproofing our property.
Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us.

126 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
linden, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

nice friendly place. We needed a pet friendly hotel because our regular guy was unavailable this weekend we would have missed our good friends wedding if it were not for the Hampton . The Hampton was in a close location to our venue which helped a lot.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your recent review. I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay with our hotel and we hope you stay again. Have a great day!
Wyandotte, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I can't say enough about the breakfast here. I've seen a lot of hotel breakfasts and this one was top notch. There was a variety of hot foods that were switched up and replenished quickly when they ran out. Everything in the breakfast area was kept neat and clean. The staff was also great. I can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

It's not a new hotel but it's not a run down hotel. It needs an upgrade but probably will not happen anytime soon. The hotel is decent but don't expect anything like the newer Hampton Inn's you have experienced. It's a clean place and staff was friendly. They have a standard breakfast spread and baked cookies. No gym but you can use one 5 minutes away at no charge. Room service will clean the room.

You don't have many choices in the area so it's a good pick for a decent place to lay your head.

I would have enjoyed being able to control the temperature in the room and refrigerator/ microwave from the first day.

I would stay there again for short travel trips only.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your recent review. I am excited to announce the hotel is start our renovation . There will be a fitness center added to the property and the hotel will have refrigerators and microwave in every room. Have a great day!
Antioch, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Staff was rude and multiple billing issues. I would not use this hotel or recommend to anyone in the future. Lack of communication and customer service are the issues, hotel was basic and clean. Breakfast was not out by 6:30 so business travelers can not take advantage.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your recent review. The management team has been checking into the issues you had while staying with us, we take these matters very serious. We want all of our guest to be satisfied and feel welcome at the hotel.
Barrington, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Front desk manager Joanne quickly came upstairs to fix a room key problem. She was friendly and helpful during our trip to the area for a wedding at Willow Harbor Winery. Other front desk personnel were also cheerful and helpful, even walking from table to table pouring fresh coffee refills during busy free breakfast periods. The omelettes were a bit blah, but the service was great.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hotel5050, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful comments about the hotel staff. Have a great day !
Milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This hotel provides consistently friendly staff, clean rooms and comfortable beds. Complimentary breakfast is another plus! Why pay more when location, value and amenities are all satisfied here - with convenient proximity to Whirlpool locations?!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the wonderful comments about the hotel and staff. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Have a great day!

Been to Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94? Share your experiences!