“Feels like a Super 8, but a better breakfast.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to 10% Off for AAA
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Stevensville
Welch, Minnesota
“Feels like a Super 8, but a better breakfast.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This hotel seemed like it was a Super 8, except the breakfast was very good. The bedding was very nice. One of the external doors did not open with the key card and was not fixed during my 5 day stay. The shower pipes rattled and pulsated. I reported the condition, but recieved no response. Next time I'll consider the Super 8 for half the price. The room was quiet, except for the freeway noise. The heating/cooling worked fine. It does have a small pool that I didn't use. Everything was clean.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hotel5050, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
I want to personally apologize to you for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with the back door lock. I am happy to say we received the part and it is working fine now. Have a great day !

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Algonac
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I was on my home from the Mayo Clinic, had a kidney transplant. The hotel staff was very accommodating. Had a King Bed, very comfortable!!! The rooms were very clean & the hotel too! Over All, Excellent! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel5050, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful comments about our hotel. I hope you are feeling well. Have a great day !
Elk Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We have stayed here every year at Thanksgiving for the last 6 years. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The place is aways clean. The bed very comfortable. They will be renovating in a few months and hopefully a good thing will get even better.

Just across the street is a new Meijer in case you need any supplies.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel5050, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful comments. We are excited about the renovations that are getting ready to start here at the hotel to. Have a great day !
Gurnee, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Was shocked at $134 AARP rate on a Sunday night, but as a loyal Hilton person, stayed one night enroute to Chicago. The room was tired, with no desk, just small table and two chairs. There were no plugs to charge electronics, so had to move bedside table out from wall. It obviously hadn't been cleaned in a LONG time. Bathroom dingy with nicks on countertop, and water damaged door. Beds were very comfy, though, and breakfast up to normal Hampton standard. This is not a hotel for a business person, and will make a different choice next time I'm in area.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hotel5050, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
I am sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. I hope you give us another try when you are back in the area. Our hotel will be going under a renovation this next years. Each room will be having a desk and lamps with extra outlets to plug in your computers.
Ada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights last week of July 2012. Very nice room and nice heated pool. Traveled here with my brother, sister in law and 4 year old son. They had a great hot breakfast with many selections. Very nice service, responded to request for refrigerator before we could park the car and go to the room. They even had beach balls in the pool that we could play with.Overall great trip to lake Michigan. Decent location with Mejier right across the street. Short drive to St. Joseph for dining, shopping, entertainment.

Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hotel5050, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
I want to personally thank you for the wonderful comments you made about our hotel. I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you will be staying with us again in the future. Have a great day !
milwaukee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We were hoping this Hampton would be like the one in Auburn Indiana which is also a small town but hotel there is very nicely maintained, but it was not. This one is much older. The linens and bed did seem new and there was an effort to keep it updated. We waivered between a poor and average rating and went with average due to effort to upgrade. It was also pretty expensive (~$150) because only a king room was available. Auburn's is only $119 a night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hotel5050, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback, we are sorry for the condition of your guest suite. We hope we can have another chance to show you what our warm Hamptonality is all about here at our hotel, if your travels bring you back to the area
St. Paul, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Very nice staff - friendly - always asking and offering if there was anything we might need. Breakfast area was nice and open and clean -- PLUS we noticed they kept putting new hot food out right til the end. (Often if a breakfast is over at 10:00 hotel staff start putting food away at like 9:59 - so if you arrive at the last minute there are just scraps left -- not here -- they kept putting hot food out until people had enough). Free coffee available anytime of the day or night.

Room was clean -- and I am a clean and smell freak, so I definitely notice if it doesn't smell right This place smelled good. Also there were duvet covers instead of bedspreads so I know they were washed. Wi-fi was easy to access and fast. All in all a terrific trip.

Room Tip: I'd stay on the side away from the highway.